Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been meaning to post pics of our VW collection, just been slacking on taking the pics...Thanks for looking!!!

More to follow....

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Someone call the exterminator! Looks like you are infested with bugs. :lol:

Absolutely awesome collection! Thanks for the pics.

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
admitting yer addiction is the first step to the cure lol great collection of vws i see some of the same ones i have.what is that holding them on the wall display in the first pic?ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Puppycat said:
Excellent pictures they look great. Where is the VW 10 Pack!!!!
Still needed, hate to pay evilbay prices

kadman said:
admitting yer addiction is the first step to the cure lol great collection of vws i see some of the same ones i have.what is that holding them on the wall display in the first pic?ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:
The indivduals are held up with these wood strips that I make for all my carded displays...less wear on the card and dresses it up a little more than pushpins. The 4 and 5 packs are just little shelves at 20-ish degree angles with a little dowel at the front so they dont slide off. the little angle gives it more dimension.

carnut2256 said:
I did not realize you were such a big Bug lover! And what's with that trailer being towed by the flamed Bus?
Why a Big John's Trailer! Normally has a bug on it, but I couldnt decide on one today.

THanks everyone for the compliments!!!!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
A bit buggy are we?. Dang, I'm bugged too. I like the 1/87 scale stuff now. I picked a bunch of Wikings when I was in Germany. The detail is great. I need to find some enclosed cases from Giovanni or Carney for those (less dusting to do).

A good looking collection.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enclosed cases are coming, once the weather gets nicer than I'm going to start making some like the Carneys, but only the front will be clear, the rest will all be wood.

·
Registered
390 Posts

Love all the bugs...My dad lives next to this lady that won the real herbie from some contest...It's a shame she is too scared to drive it !!
[/IMG]

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Nice collection Chris! Ferrari's, Ford Gt's and VW's, I never would have figured that.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
montegogt said:
Nice collection Chris! Ferrari's, Ford Gt's and VW's, I never would have figured that.
The VW's are a together collection, its nice to have a ollection that we both can enjoy. If you want to see a variation in collecting habbits, come visit sometime. Sometimes I question my own sanity :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts