Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for fellow racers that have/use the VRP Static Balancer.

I seem to have a problem when trying to balance JL/XT motors. It works great for Aurora motors. Everything from Christmas Tree motors to low ohm motors. But some reason the new motors from the JL/XT dont work.

Ive tried every possiable placement for the motor. But still the same result. I can usually get them to spin for about 1 sec. then they stop on a dime. They dont even wobble back an forth on the magnets like the Aurora motors do.

What can i do to fix this? I really dont wanna spend the money to have somebody else balance them whenever i have the tools to do it.

Thanks
Blake

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
That's because JL used cheap steel to make the lams and armature shaft. Aurora Armatures were made with good stuff! IMHO!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Just another symptom of todays "disposable" society. Why spend an extra .75 cents per chassis to make it right, when the cheaper version will run almost as well?? Well. almost almost anyway.. Uhmm... kinda as well?? sort of maybe?? :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
What can i do to fix this?
About the only thing I can think of is to get the arm further away from the magnetic fields. Some sort of non ferrous endcap that fits over the magnets might do the trick. Maybe brush cups would work?i

·
Registered
7 Posts
The magnetic balancers can be very finnicky. Try de-magnifying the armature before you place it in the balance tool. This is the same tool you use to de-magnify hand tools such as screw drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts