Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are 2 quick pics of the Lunar Models 1/32 scale FLYING SUB I'm finishing up on for Wonderfest.

This is one of the 'older' Lunar kits so I had to re-build the hatch recessed area and scratch build the top and lower hatches....the top hatch is hinged. There are no fiber optics for the panels in place at this time...I hope to get to that on Tuesday.

I messed up on the photo....the amber floor lamps look very white.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! I just enhanced the interior pic. I did more work last night and today than I have in several weeks. Funny how that works huh....and there aint nuttin like a Contest deadline to get your butt going! Really I'm trying to get finished cuz Scott Alaxander's 1/12 EVA pod should be at my door step any day now and that one is a DOOZIE!

TO make things worse! Steve 'Qtan' got me a GRAIL kit for my B-day last week that really rocks!!

The pic says it all!

OH the humanity!

Thanks Steve! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Fluke, I know what you mean about hittin' the model and cement hard when a deadline approaches. Doesn't it seem that at times like this, you get MORE ideas for detailing it ? a lot more.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Gents! :)

Yup! I hear ya. I have 6 weeks and several days to finish....It's mostly final assembly and painting....90% of the detail parts and pre-assemblies and Lighting is finished it's just a matter of putting it all togther using lots of magic sculpt, fine putty and some piant, Shouldn't be a problem.

The Martian is a pic from the Screamin 'Terror from the Sky' box art...the Saucer is 16" in diamature..can't wait to do that one! .....Geez! with the kits on my shelf and the stuff coming from Moebius and Monarch....I'm gonna have to quit my job and make my Wife work full time...or the kids.....hmmmmmm :devil:

Can ya sell body parts on eebay?

Hope all had a nice easter!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Nice job Troy. Congrats on your contest win too. Belated HB! Man, I need to be nicer to Steve!!!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again guys!

Hey Fink your Wonderfest bound too huh? COOL!

I'll have my custom FLUKE badge from Wonderfest 05...I hear Chris Doll is buying everyone drinks at the bar... What a guy! :p

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
OK, NOW you making it tempting!!! I've never personally seen CD's wallet, but I've heard he really does have one!!!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
fluke said:
Thanks again guys!

Hey Fink your Wonderfest bound too huh? COOL!

I'll have my custom FLUKE badge from Wonderfest 05...I hear Chris Doll is buying everyone drinks at the bar... What a guy! :p
Yup...this is the first one for me and I am going to try and get a duck Fink t-shirt made before I take off outta here. I take it the BB Badges are self made these days? FREE DRINKS! I'M THERE! Weather he has a wallet or not!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh man ....Chris is going to KILL me!

Duck.....Wonderfest issues out badges when you register....a few folks have custom badges to go with them.

Seeya there!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
ahhh...thanks for the badge info. Saves me making a shirt. Look forward to seeing you there!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We don't open that door dude!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Two New Pics!

NEW PICS! Here is the custom made / unpainted STAND with the FS-1 mounted. Two machine screws hold it in place.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts