Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
hate it when they use a cartoony/fantasy cast as a TH.. sems like a waste.

don't think this one will be near as popular as some of the nice muscle cars they've been using as the secrets...

I'm a BIG Volkswagon fan, and never liked this cast... just MHO

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I fear. I really like the Racing Version of the VW, but this just seems kinda goofy. The GTX would have been an awesome choice for a Super. Having said that, if any one likes goofy and has a Challenger they hate..........:p

don't think this one will be near as popular as some of the nice muscle cars they've been using as the secrets...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I initially thought I hated it and passed on the regs I saw but something about it I like. I'm not a beetle guy by any means and hate the fantasy cars and roomed cars but for some reason I like this super. It's pretty wierd.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Nice Volkswagen Beetle Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Not a personal fave for me either but I'm not a big Hot Wheels fan anyway. They are going for big bucks on eBay though for all the got it have it now folks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I found a regular mainline today with a one piece metal engine with metal tailpipe-a lot of them have a junky plastic tailpipe.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have to say that they are really fast too. Has anyone tried racing one? Just pick one up (mainline obviously) and spin the wheels. They are really quick. I wonder if the weight distribution is better than others cause they really haul ass.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Nice Super find.
When I was in a TRU last week I saw a lot of the regular castings. I didn't get one because this one has never been one that i cared for.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The funny thing is I have yet to see a regular. I found 2 supers, traded one, but no regulars.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
FML I passed one of those up at TRU today thinking it wasn't anything special. It had the big tires but I didn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not a personal fave for me either but I'm not a big Hot Wheels fan anyway. They are going for big bucks on eBay though for all the got it have it now folks.
I agree. I don't care for this casting.
As for the "big bucks" thingy on e-pay ... I don't, and never will, understand the logic of some buyers.
Matty (the original TH scalper) still has last years TH set available via the HWC for $275 plus shipping and can't sell 'em.
"Fools and their money" - PTB.:p

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, you are correct. I have yet to see a regular mainline casting of this car, but I found 2 Supers. Go figure. There is no regular T-Hunt of this.
Maybe I should have explained it better. By regular I meant that is was the plain old mainline casting not Regular T-Hunt, my bad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts