Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new auto museum just opened in Tacoma, WA.

What a great time. About 200 cars on display with probably about 100 from the Lemay auto collection and the others from other donors and some on loan. It looks like about 120 will be on rotated permanent display floor and some they will always have a few 'shows'.

Current Shows

British Invasion
Ferrari in America
Classic Car Coachworks
Alternative Propulsion
Nicola Bulgari
Motorsports/Indy Cars

One of the best things about most of Harold Lemay's collection is that most are in original condition. Meaning many cars have the door dings, minor seat damage, and patina of old cars. He ran a garbage company and had his workers search for old cars for decades. At one time he had over 3000 cars. You can still see more of Lemay's collection at a facility his family stilll has in Tacoma. Harold did not just own a Chrysler 300. He had one of each year. With many years having a coupe and convertible. Just american car overload.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I have a DVD with Lance Lambert talking about Harold LeMay and showing many of his cars. I remember the Evening Gown Blue 1948 Tucker in the video. It was bought after Harold LeMay passed away by his wife. It was a car he always wanted in his collection.

Was the 1948 Tucker on display?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a DVD with Lance Lambert talking about Harold LeMay and showing many of his cars. I remember the Evening Gown Blue 1948 Tucker in the video. It was bought after Harold LeMay passed away by his wife. It was a car he always wanted in his collection.

Was the 1948 Tucker on display?
The Tucker is on display at the museum now. Harold's wife has loaned the car to the musuem for now. I assume it will be with the family's display at Mirrormont eventually.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
The Tucker is on display at the museum now. Harold's wife has loaned the car to the musuem for now. I assume it will be with the family's display at Mirrormont eventually.

Thanks for the reply Tom.

I really like the Evening Gown Blue color on the 1948 Tucker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts