Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of the local racers know we have been graced with a new asphalt parking lot at the HobbyTown in Virginia Beach. Here is the info.

Trophy Race Saturday Aug. 7th
Track opens at 10:00 a.m.
Register by 12:00
Race begins at 12:15
$15 an entry

Classes : Stock Sedan
Stock 1/10th Truck
Open Mod Sedan
19T Sedan
Nitro Sedan
Nitro Truck / Buggy

Foams are allowed for ALL classes. Cars will be impounded while marshalling duties are done. Questions / Comments? Post or call. 464-4140.
R.S.V.P. at
http://virginiabeachva.hobbytown.com/schedule/?id=32423

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Racing at the Newport News Hobbytown on Sunday Aug 8th will be cancelled due the Trophy race at the Beach HobbyTown on 7 Aug.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimmy...........As soon as the weather starts to turn chilly we will return to Saturday Carpet racing. Sorry you cant make it up for this asphault race. We will hold more this summer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sean,

Is there a class for electric truck and buggy and can almost any open wheel car/truck compete in this class?

What about teching???

Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike..............Yes we will run electric truck and buggy. As long as we have 3 we will try and run. Teching will be inforced.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like we have some interest in running an open modified class for the 1/10th sedans. So brushless is welcome to run in this class.

·
Registered
524 Posts
We decided to not race at Stream to help support this race. Plus it will be nice for me to have a transmitter in my hand on a Saturday instead of a microphone. Looking forward to it guys. We'll see you guys bright and early.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bodido said:
We decided to not race at Stream to help support this race. Plus it will be nice for me to have a transmitter in my hand on a Saturday instead of a microphone. Looking forward to it guys. We'll see you guys bright and early.
Bodido,

But some of us racers would rather see you with a microphone in your hand...a lot less broken parts for the people in your heats...Just kidding.

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great Race put on by Scott, Sean & Mike. Awesome weather and there is nothing like new asphalt.

I would like to see a Tidewater Saturday Asphalt Series. Races would rotate between Ht Va Beach, Stream & Debbie's. The racers would compete for points, not the tracks. We have a lot of good options and I would like to see all the tracks included. Sunday races would be independent. Ht Newport News and Debbie's could have there own Sunday races.

Any input???

Lastplace or should I say FirstPlace B Main!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We would like to thank everyone for coming out yesterday and Stream Hobby. Besides the parked car and the loop getting sliced, we had a good time. I will post our next race soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for the good times and fun atmosphere. It was great to see everyone again. Yes, even you Mike, LOL.

Thanks,
Mark Unrath

1 - 17 of 17 Posts