Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually the first collection of beaters I've ever acquired. To make it better no one but me has ever picked anything out of it. I used the AC Cobra out of this collection for the AC Daytona and the Daytona Roadster I just finished up. I posted them about a month or two ago. IMO they came out as cool as anything I've done so far. I especially like the AC Coupe. But the guy was gonna get rid of all of these and asked if I wanted them. I had to take everything. Yeah this is about half of the stuff that was in the box. This is just the stuff in which I saw some potential.

click on pic to enlarge

I really like the blue and orange MB Mustang III. And is that red one behind the blue 30's roadster a Delorean???? If not it sure looks like I could make one. I also got couple of Camero's to whack on for a front end for the 07 Concept front end change I wanting to do. So there's a bunch of stuff I have now that I don't mind cutting up. Only down side was there were't but one or two sets of good wheels out of the lot. Can't have your cake and eat it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
nice. i've got a couple laundry baskets with "beaters" I'll have to go thru them and see if i can make any cool customs otu of them!

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
OH....

the title of this had me worried....

"virgin beater" collection......

thought it was a nasty name for a new series...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up 'til now I had no beaters other than the ones I bought at flea markets and such. It'll allow me quuite a bit of freedom over the next couple of years. I even found a set of seats, that with a bit of cutting, looks like will fit the Mercer Raceabout I replicated a couple of years ago. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts