Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
No link, no pics? not much of a thread for us here at Hobby Talk.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Danke Buddy! :wave: but I did go there and look earlier.

1. I hope the real kit is not in white plastic OUCH!!! I hate having to 'PRE' primer the kit just see what I'm doing.

2. Looks awesome! I love the clever use of lines and seperation points so far. The clear canopy looks good as well.

Not a huge fan of those other sites except Resin Alliuminati...they are so cool over there. I guess you can say there is a mix of all of us every where but most boards have clicks and the general mood is set by the majority.

Hobby Talk ( even though is not half as crazy as it use to be ) is still the friendliest Hobby Board in town :thumbsup:

Moebius Rocks!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Erm .... the MK2 Viper is already white in color .. gloss white to be specific. Just be sure to use white base coat after you primed her so that you don't overcoat the paintwork

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I was just being a poop. Those are most likely test shots, I doubt the final kit parts wil be in white. Oh gawd PLEASE NO!!!!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
If the plastic is white, the kids can put it together, throw on some decals and it'll look pretty good.
Another 2, 2 and half months to go before this baby hits the shelves (fingers crossed!). That's like forever in modeler's years!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
You are kidding right? Not even when the subject 'was' to have a white finish I never enjoyed building a white enjected molded model kit....YUCK! :(

·
Oxidation Genius
31,237 Posts
They do kinda glow and make it hard to see details, don't they.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It is a test shot, The kit will probably be molded in White styrene..
The actual Viper is white. Only makes sense to mold the kit in white...

Dave

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
White plastic is awful, even if the real thing is white... Its hard to work with and you still need to prime it. Unless its aimed at the kiddee market... a light grey would be much much better.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
ok sorted,joined and was gob smacked,come on mobeus get this in the shops
Gordon M
OK, I am somewhat of a Trek geek but what is the answer to the question at Starship Modeler to register?

What movie had Spock and Captain Kirk?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I don't think white styrene is that terrible- it does give the young builder who does not want to or cannot paint it the option of just glueing it together and adding decals(/stickers)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Having been a kid myself at one point (how about the rest of you ?) it didn't really matter to me what colour the kit was. Certainly, if it is a light grey styrene that is a "military" colour to most kits and close enough to white. For the older crowd (which I have morphed into) a light grey styrene would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts