Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Members, Today I share my Ertl 1970 Chevy Camaro Z28 restored from the grave.......When I got this camaro I was Racing Mtn Bike off from Ski-resorts mountains 3500 feet, the first 1000 vertical, traveling anywhere from 40 to 50 mph....long short, one day I wasn't so lucky and ended up in the hospital....to give my bones a chance to heal before racing again...I went to a Hobby Store in the Bronx, and fell in love with this Camaro, that was 1998 in the Fall....I held on to it for 14-years, and since the original box got destoryed due to flooding two-years ago I finally stored...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome camaro man! really like the colour. :wave:
Thanks Mate!,.....I have another one by Franklin Mint that I won on auction in orange Its pretty nice but I really didn't like the way the rear looks nor the tires.....and especially the one-sided door mirrior....but at lease this model really makes me happy......I Hope to see a real looking one sometime in my life.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I've got that one. What a great color combo!

Nice!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks Mate!,.....I have another one by Franklin Mint that I won on auction in orange Its pretty nice but I really didn't like the way the rear looks nor the tires.....and especially the one-sided door mirrior....
FYI - the 1:18 Franklin Mint '70 Camaro is called a "banana" by some collectors as they feel it is misshapen. I had one back in my 1:18 days and while the FM generally is better detailed the older Ertl has better body proportions.

I especially liked the Black Cherry '70 Baldwin-Motion Camaro that Ertl did.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI - the 1:18 Franklin Mint '70 Camaro is called a "banana" by some collectors as they feel it is misshapen. I had one back in my 1:18 days and while the FM generally is better detailed the older Ertl has better body proportions.

I especially liked the Black Cherry '70 Baldwin-Motion Camaro that Ertl did.
I couldn't of named better ...:lol:.....But you're right FM did have a better detailed Cam but the so called "Banana" body was no comparasion to the Ertl 70 model....I'll wait until GobidMotor.com comes back to business and I'll just pull it on the block if not then I'll the one SC has and the two together, using GMP rims & tires set....Stay tune for the next chapter of the Super Z.....:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts