Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lesney-Matchbox made a few 1:43 cars in the late 60s for their King Size range. Sadly that they never came with more as these cars could give Corgi and Dinky a run for the money when it comes to the quality :cool:

Enjoy!
Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Great shots of great model!
I still need the Muira and the Mercury.
Looks like those wheels might be Muira only(???).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great shots of great model!
I still need the Muira and the Mercury.
Looks like those wheels might be Muira only(???).
Yes the special wheels were for the Miura only.
However, it would not surprice me if some of the others were found with these wheels (and "ordinary wheels" on the Miura for that matter)

Karl-E. Denmark

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Great cars Karl! I remember having that Benze Ambulance as a kid...hu...I wonder what ever became of that car? Great looking selection you have posted, thanks.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Fine pictures, wonderful box art, excellent choice of colors by Lesney, with steering and all for less than a Corgi or Dinky - they didnt steal the market but sure did grab a chunk of it! I still need to find a Dodge for my collection..........

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Those are great, Karl-E! I also love the box art. Do you think they are 1:43, or just close? I always though they were smaller than the other late-60's brands - Dinky Corgi Tekno Politoys etc. :confused:

The 1:1 scale Miura is 4,260 mm (167.7 in) long. What about yours? Just curious. :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are great, Karl-E! I also love the box art. Do you think they are 1:43, or just close? I always though they were smaller than the other late-60's brands - Dinky Corgi Tekno Politoys etc. :confused:

The 1:1 scale Miura is 4,260 mm (167.7 in) long. What about yours? Just curious. :eek:
Karl - They are very close to 1:43, I'm a little surpriced that you don't have them in your collection, they'll fit right in with your other stuff :wave:

Karl-E. Denmark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts