Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would start a new thread for the year 2007.

We are looking forward of having a great second year. New items in the shop every week and racing is in full swing with all 3 forms. Both the Carpet and dirt oval racing are going well, as is the Road Course. We will begin work on the off-road track in early spring. With the interest in dirt oval rising weach week. We will be converting the Off-Road to Dirt oval for the summer. Victory will be running both nitro and Electric outdoors on the lighted track.

On the 27th of Jan the Wis Touring Car Series will be making there stop at Victory and it should prove to be a good race as points tighten up as the season come to a close.

Feb 3rd Victory will be hoist to the "Ground Hog Dirt Day" on the dirt oval. There will be many classes and a portion of the enteries will go back to the A-main drivers. Bump-up will be done for all lower mains to give all a chance at some cash.

Feb 24th at Victory will be the ROAR Reg 5 Carpet oval champs. It's going to be fininshed in one day. Entry fee ( if you are a ROAR) Member will be $5.00 and non members will be $20.00 for the first class (single event membership included at $15.00) and every class after will be $5.00.

We want to thank you all for the support you've givin so far and hope to be one of the best Tracks in Wisconsin. ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
sounds like fun up there but way too clod for this Florida boy,I dont even know where Wisc. is just it's way north of me have a great race and lots moore,be safe and have fun all Scott of Branford R/C Speedway :wave:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We Just call it Up Nort :lol:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just noticed your other site GreenBay wow Now I know it's cold there the home of the Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,do youall Ice race there? spiked tires and all that .
Have a great season aneway Scott :wave:
PS Scotts Hobbies here :wave:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys, Tonight the Mud slinging Dirt oval guys tack tot he newly resurfaced Dirt Tri-Oval. Truck class and Latemodel stock will be humming pretty good around the track. the 4wh latemodels are turning 3.8 second laps and getting faster. Very competitive and total fun factor involved.

Road course will be on the track tomorrow night. Will R/C A have that new car running. by the way "what car is that?" :blush:

This thursday will feature the Oval guys back on the track after the ROAR Reg 5 carpet race. and locals doing well. Count was down due to Weather but if the compliments are true then all had a very good time. Thanks for all who drove long distances in the snow. :tire: the 13.5 class has been doing well and we would like to see some other classes start. Bring out the Stampedes, legends, TC's. If Juan Montoya has finally realized oval is harder than it looks so can you :ha:

The dirt oval guys will take to the track once again on saturday for 3 qualifiers and a main for fast paced action.

Other news:
With the growing amount of racers running on the door oval inside we have decided to change the Off-road track into a flat dirt oval track. Out doors has lights for night racing as well as covered pit areaas will electric and tables. Victory will be offering Nitro as well as electric class for your need for speed. 1/18 up to 1/8 scale gas and nitro can see just what fast is :cool:

New stuff in the shop all the time. if we don't have what you what or need, Let us know WE WILL GET IT.

April will will be having a race for the MDA More details to follow

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Victory Hobbies will be hosting a race in conjunction with the Postal Worker Union in a attempt to raise money for the Muscular Dis Assoc. It will be held on April 21th and haver both Road Cousre and Oval racing. racing will begin at noon and be either 2 or 3 heat races and a main it's a one day race with practice available on the friday befroe the race

Oval Classes so far is
1/10th scale 4-cell 13.5 brushless
1/10th scale 4-cell 4300 brushless
1/10th scale 4-cell 19turn brushed class

Road Course so far is
1/12 scale stock
Stk Rubber tires
Stk foam
19 turn foam

Trucks could run eiter road course or oval ( decide at drivers meeting)

Race fee will be $15.00 and a good chunk of it will be passed on to MDA. Also
I hope to have pledge donations sheets which you can help raise additional; money. you can have people pledge so much a lap finished. so musch each race or a set lump fee. For Each $100 in donations you raise you will recieve a Gift certificate from Victory for 20% ( $20.00 for each $100) for each 100 donated.

A 50-50 drawing will be held and 50% will also go to the MDA. Food and candy will also be available. We are looking for sponsors of each heat race. Anyone who like to sponsor a heat or main race can call Victory Hobbies for who to contact.

This is a great cause and we are in this to raise money and have a great time.
We hope to have your support and will be posting more info on this race as it becomes available

thanks

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Friday Night Carpet Oval on 3/23/07

Victory Rc Hobbies will be running Carpet Oval on Friday 3/23/07 instead of Thursday that week. The track will be configured to match the layout at Allen's RC home of the BRL Finals at the end of the month. Doors will be open at 10AM and racing will be at 7PM that evening. Any and all oval racers are invited as we will run brushed and brushless classes.

The switch to Friday should allow some racers to travel for some good oval racing. Sully keeps asking us to run on a Friday.... here's your chance Sully!

Later! Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Carpet Oval Friday night this week! The doors will be open at 9AM and racing at 7PM. I got Ed on hand to run the show and the track will be shortened to match the set-up for the BRL Finals. 13.5, 4300, Open and brushed stock and 19-turn.

Hope to see you all then!

Brian

·
Banned
694 Posts
Well I'm working on my stuff tonight. I don't think I'll have it ready by tomorrow.

I may be up Saturday for some practice for BRL Nats.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Dirt Oval last Monday Night

It was another great showing for Monday Night Dirt Oval... we welcomed another new racer and ran 8 heats per round. The last month we have had at least one new racer every Monday night... Looking forward to tomorrow night...

18th Mini Modified LateModel B-Main: Cory Padolski

18th Mini Modified LateModel A-Main: Mike Geraths

10th LateModel Stock A-Main: Randy Kempen

Stock Truck B-Main: Cermont Peon

Stock Truck A-Main: PackFan

Bomber A-Main: Randy Kempen

Lots of ideas for the outdoor track... waiting for it to dry a bit more to get out there working it into a dirt oval... Nitro racing should be a blast this summer... we will keep you all posted!

Thanks! Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Just a note... We plan on running carpet oval all summer on Thursday nights at 7PM at Victory R/C. There has been some 6-cell stock Touring Oval to go along with 13.5 brushless and an appearance of the Stampedes from time to time.

Also... we have Bolink Legends and all the parts and bodies in stock. In this class we are running any 4-cell battery pack with a Tamya connector and the Traxxas Stinger motors. Any pinion and a 81 tooth/48 pitch or 108 tooth/64 pitch spur gear. These rules apply to the dirt oval on Monday nights and the Carpet oval on Thursday nights.

Any questions... let us know!

Later! Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Summer Racing Schedule at Victory Hobbies

Here's the schedule for the summer...

Monday: INDOOR Dirt Oval. Hobby shop and track open at 3PM, racing at 7PM. 18th and 10th scale electric classes. (This is just too popular to change so we will be running the indoor track all summer.)

Tuesday: OUTDOOR Dirt Oval "Under the lights." Hobby shop and track open at 3PM, racing at 7PM. NITRO and electric 8th and 10th scale classes.

Thursday: Carpet Oval. Hobby shop and track open at 3PM, racing at 7PM.

Saturday: Carpet Road Course. Shop and track open at 9AM. Touring has been pretty light but the track will be open for free practice and if there's racers that want to race, we will race!

Thanks! Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
We will be working on the outdoor oval starting at 9AM this Saturday. Anyone interested in helping finish off the oval to get it ready for Tuesday night racing the help would be appreciated!

Sounds ike I missed another good night of dirt oval on Monday... not next Monday though!

Thanks! Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Thanks to all the racers that came out last night to run the outdoor dirt oval. The free race night was great as it helped us work out the bugs and get ready for the outdoor season of nitro and electric dirt oval. This should be fun this summer! The touring car late models are working great! Revo's, a nitro sprinter, nitro and electric trucks, bombers... it was a good night!

Thursday night carpet oval will continue this Thursday night!

Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Tuesday Night Dirt Oval 'under the lights'

Just a reminder that Victory will be running dirt oval OUTDOORS on Tuesday nights through the summer. We thought that there may be some racers that would want to stay on the indoor dirt oval on Monday nights. But when the outdoor track smoothed out so well that the electric classes could all run (Latemodels, bombers, trucks...) along with all the nitro classes everyone decided to run on Tuesday's outdoors. Doors and track open at 3PM, racing under the lights at 7PM!

The GT2 is getting close!!!

Brian

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Looks like the weather will be great for the outdoor dirt oval this week! Ten days of dry sunny weather is what the weatherman says. Hock was going out today to spread the remaining water to help the drying process.

I get to come home from Chicago Monday... can't wait!

See you all this week!

Brian

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.