Registered
6 Posts
jeepnyy said:
Go to this link...everything you need for your VICTOR HI-IQ

http://www.rccar.com.au/Victor Engineering.htm

Victor Charger Owners BEWARE

Please read my posting at:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=80999

about my very bad business dealings with Mr. John Caval at that URL.
I cannot in good conscience recommend Mr. Caval's Victor-repair services.
I am very dissatisfied with his service and attitude.

I DO recommend Sam Capri for Victor repairs. He is very knowledgeable, his work is of excellent quality, and he ensures complete customer satisfaction.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

I've done lots of Victor IQ repairs and upgrades over the years. I have fixed chargers and charged money for the repairs but its not something I'm overly interested in. I do have parts on hand for the IQs - processors, eproms, fets, ram, LCD displays, etc. I'm happy to offer whatever advice I can on repairing them for people who want to do it themselves.
Several times over the years I've wanted to setup a repair FAQ/trouble shooting FAQ on a webpage but I've just never found the time to do it.
I've also made a few changes to the software and looked at doing more major changes but the time it takes to disassemble the software and figure out what its all doing is a challenge.

I can say that I love my IQs, I use a pair every weekend at the track, only charger I've used for well over 10 years now - since the original IQ was released by Vic.

I'm located in Western Canada - if I can help by all means let me know.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bill 427 - PM me all the details around how it died or what happened when it died, maybe we can identify the failure.

racinroger - I guess it depends on if you will use it, the scripts and full NiMH support is nice. I myself rarely use the extreme discharge capability. As I mentioned before I'm not overly interested in doing the hardware upgrades thesedays, just not enough time.

I can offer trouble shooting, parts and software upgrades though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts