Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B&S engine i got from a lawnmower it has alot of propblems ill be fixing for a go kart for my son.my main questio is can i mount this motor on its side and still have the oil pick up work? like i said im very new to it so im super green thanks for any help :thumbsup::confused::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have a B&S engine i got from a lawnmower it has alot of propblems ill be fixing for a go kart for my son.my main questio is can i mount this motor on its side and still have the oil pick up work? like i said im very new to it so im super green thanks for any help :thumbsup::confused::thumbsup:
Hello and Welcome to Hobby Talk.Sorry to say,you can't use a vertical shaft engine turned side ways.Besides the oil sump and engine mounts,the carb will be turned sideways and will not feed fuel to the engine.If you have a Harbor Freight store close by,they have 6 1/2 horse power horizontal shaft engines for around $125 that you could use,or keep your eyes open for an old snow blower engine that would be usable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a B&S engine i got from a lawnmower it has alot of propblems ill be fixing for a go kart for my son.
Slightly off topic, but did you use a kit to build the kart chassis, steering, brakes and etc.? If so, can you tell me what kit? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts