Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a 700 HD.. on a flat 146' carpet track.. My car is very good.. its just a little aggressive on entry.. I would like to take a little away on entry and get it a little better from the middle off.. I am running pink left tires, a team purple on the rf. and a double pink rr.. Blue side springs, silver center spring,std red lf spring and green rf spring..

I was always taught that the kingpin angle (Top leaning towards the rear) was less aggressive than straight up and down) I am running 1 degree of castor on the lf and 4 degrees on the rf..

Would moving the rf out take some of the aggression out of the cars entry.. My car is stupid fast right now (I had fast lap by .15 last week and its fast thru the entire run) It was just hard to hang on to.. Very twitchy.. I turned into the inner pipe on entry a couple times.. LOL Maybe should just leave it alone.. I thought of moving the rr in but its in about as far as it can go.. I may try centered pod one heat this weekend as salvas told me that in stock or spec type racing this is faster in some situations..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I was referencing was in drag racing they run 10 degrees of castor. Because a car will be more stable with 10 degrees of castor than it is with zero.. (real drag cars not r/c..)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
More caster (kingpin leaned back more) does make the car more stable on the straightaways, hence why dragsters run 10 degrees. But, it also makes the car turn harder into the corner and also causes the car to scrub more in the corner. Try 0 degrees on the left and 2 degrees on the right. Caster is a pretty fine change though and you won't see a huge effect, but it should help.

You could also try going to a silver spring on the LR or a Dbl Purple tire on the right front. Those would be more significant changes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pmsimkins said:
If anything it sounds like you might need a radio adjustment.
Yeh and thats what I changed.. I turned my sensitivity down and it helped some.. Car was fairly close to perfect other than that it never seases to amaze me how good an ole 700 can be....

I actually think I have around 4 degrees of caster on the rf.. the lf is set at 0.. (checked with camber gauge..)

Thanks guys..

·
Registered
672 Posts
try turning your dual rate way down. That sure helped me out. It sounds like the car is fast, and if it is I would'nt fix what is'nt broke.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ther are a # of things that should help. Add some preload to the RF spring, Slightly softer center spring or just a little less preload on it, Lower the rear of the chassis slightly or raise the front, or maybe even add some height to the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I think some pre load on the RF and a radio adjustment is just what the doctor ordered.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Before you go and change your car, try a double purple rf. Make it a little bit (.015) bigger while you are at it. That way, if it doesn't take care of it, it will be easy to go back. Sounds also like, what others said, that the dual rate could be lower.

DZ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts