Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I just charged up a pack and it got fairly hot and started hissing but nothing ozzed out of it. How do i know if its ok or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Venting cells

DIRTsportsman said:
Hi Guys
I just charged up a pack and it got fairly hot and started hissing but nothing ozzed out of it. How do i know if its ok or not.

Thanks
Though they're not welcomed, vented cells (light, not heavy) will perform just great.

Here are a couple of ways to prevent venting ...

Of course, make sure you are using proper charge settings (6-7A, 5-7mV/cell cutoff)
Also, make sure you put sufficient amount of charge back in the pack before resting it away (from discharged status, 1500mAh is how much I put back).

Steve.
TQ Cells

·
Registered
302 Posts
Racin Steve said:
Though they're not welcomed, vented cells (light, not heavy) will perform just great.

Here are a couple of ways to prevent venting ...

Of course, make sure you are using proper charge settings (6-7A, 5-7mV/cell cutoff)
Also, make sure you put sufficient amount of charge back in the pack before resting it away (from discharged status, 1500mAh is how much I put back).

Steve.
TQ Cells
I have my ICE charger set at 3mv/cell....what is this hurting? Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
you will get a lower "peak" shutoff. so you may be robbing yourself of 30 or 45 seconds runtime. and in the long run, your packs will last longer !!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Fordplay said:
I have my ICE charger set at 3mv/cell....what is this hurting? Thanks, Jeff
You won't get the pack peaking at the ideal temperature ... you need to look for 125-130F at end of initial peak (not re-peak).

Steve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts