Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Velodrome car

Hey guy's, with all the choices we have out there for pan cars, what's your opinion on the car of choice for the velodrome???? and not the custom made chassis, I'm talking more about a car or chassis that is for public to buy...

JP

·
Registered
691 Posts
An L3 will work ok. However, if you're going to do a lot of Velodrome racing, a custom chassis will not be all that expensive.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
67-4-fun

I'm not sure of all the rules that the PDX guys use, but we've probably got close to a 50/50 mix of L3's and Custom chassis out here.

LARCGuy (Scot) has one of THE fastest Mod cars out here..and uses a custom chassis designed by himself and Randy Smith of "Big Boy's Toys" they call a Stryker. VERY SMOOTH and VERY FAST.

I just picked up 2 new SPARE L3 chassis to keep my cars alive for a long time. I also run a couple of the REALLY OLD HPI Oval Cars in the Nastruck class. (I like them because of the NO T-PLATE)

If you've never run a VELO, build an inexpensive car - or use something you already have...just make sure to make the body as LOW DRAG as possible (No RAKE)... run a very Flat wing with LARGE Side Dams...mounted back and low....I like a big FOAM front bumper...shaped to fit tightly against the front nose of the body as well...

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info, I have ran at the velodrome several times but wanted other racers opinion on what they like to run.. As far as a custom built chassis I have seen quite a few out there but are parts avalible for them?? I also run an L3 to but thought about an L4 because the chassis is easier to get.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
dude i havnt raced on a velodrome yet looking forward to it but i have raced on high banked con. tracks with caps so far the best car i have ever run with cap tires in the Rip motor sports solid undertaker with the narrow front end Just my .02

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
j21moss said:
Jon.. Get a Indycar... get one of Tim's chassis and used your L3 parts and you'll be one of us
no get a LEADING EDGE indy car and you will be one of us.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
j21moss said:
Jon.. Get a Indycar... get one of Tim's chassis and used your L3 parts and you'll be one of us
Thought about that alot last season and was very interested in indy car, but kind of liking the idea of brushless and indy car is still going to run stock motor I believe??? But indy car still not out!!! Moss you going to run this year?????????

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nickcacc said:
Yeah, one of 'us', like we're freaks or something....... :freak:
4 cell mod maybe kind of freaky!!!! LOL Nickkk I need to get some tires off of you soon!!! send me an email what you want for them??

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
For the Indy Velodrome - indycar should move to brushless - 6-cell 13.5 or 4-cell 4300 for this year. If people don't want to make the jump, then I say run everyone together.

As far as a good Velodrome car - the 10L3o with IRS extended pods makes a great Velo chassis. I threw one together last year and was on a track record pace in 6-cell stock Nastruck- plus I was running saddle pack batteries!

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
i say run indy cars 6 cell stock like last year.i WILL not put my brushless stuff out on that monster.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Jon listen to Huffer LOL His L3 rocks!!!!! I ran a L4 last yr. I'm going to a L3 this yr that the Master is going to build for me.

As far as the Rip cars or any others bring em on the more the merrier!!!!!

Jerry B.
Rc4less
TeamOHP
Leading Edge

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
67-4-fun said:
Thought about that alot last season and was very interested in indy car, but kind of liking the idea of brushless and indy car is still going to run stock motor I believe??? But indy car still not out!!! Moss you going to run this year?????????

so far it's in the plans...... oh Woodsie is raren to roll!!!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts