Hobbyist Forums banner

Velocity Stacks

5K views 76 replies 20 participants last post by  Randy Baker 
#1 ·
Does any one know of who makes a good velocity stack for our carbs?

Dave D

#7 ·
I get the drift of the whole cornor speed thing from racing 1/4 scales from years past, guys that we raced against will remember that on certian days at the track(MPR) that I was able to flat foot the track(something that was not done at that time). Everyone is fast going straight!!!...

Dave D

#10 ·
Is the black cap motor still fast? Is that what Team E is running now? I need to get a motor and want to get one that has the potential to keep up with all the big dogs at MPR. From what I have been told the black cap is the way to go, the red caps just don't last and get lazy.

Dave D

#11 ·
Horsepower vs. traction

I think the general discussion here says what I have been thinking. More motor is not the key it is set-up. This due to the fact that we have not had tire rule changes in so long that now the new QSAC legal motors produce more power than we have traction at most tracks. It seems to be the case as I seen at Ft Worth in sprint class. When we are REAL fast we can cook both right side tires in two races maybe 1. I think the tire technology is there just the tire manufactures are bound by the rules to not make a higher bite tire.

#12 · (Edited)
ghilber said:
Dave - you need to get yourself a black cap motor!
If Greg says so, it has to be true!!! He was as fast as Butch S. every week with a red cap and won his fair share of races.

I personally think that the red cap seemed to have more "snap" and the black cap seemed to stay spooled-up longer.

Better go out and get a black cap, Dave. It's your only hope. :thumbsup:

JB

#24 ·
I guess when I get my stuff ready we will just come on down and strat getting a lesson in fast from Butch and Tean E. I have been working hard to get our new car ready for the challange of MPR and am getting close to making the trip to give it a test run. As soon as it gets above 50 degrees all day on a Saturday we should be ready to go. Mike is looking forward to racing 1/4 scale.

Dave D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.