Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Sucks!!!... I need all the help I can get to keep up with Butch S and Team Ellement from what I have been told.

Dave D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
dangerousdave said:
That Sucks!!!... I need all the help I can get to keep up with Butch S and Team Ellement from what I have been told.

Dave D
Get it through the corner; that is absolutely the key.

Butch S. was running a black cap most of last year; just was able to keep up momentum through the corners to run up front.

JB

·
Registered
726 Posts
go to Davesmotors.com
they have motors, carbs and accesories.
He also sells a cool LED light to wire around the chassis for the night time racing.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get the drift of the whole cornor speed thing from racing 1/4 scales from years past, guys that we raced against will remember that on certian days at the track(MPR) that I was able to flat foot the track(something that was not done at that time). Everyone is fast going straight!!!...

Dave D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
dangerousdave said:
Everyone is fast going straight!!!...
But now, corner speed is INSANELY critical at MPR. Speed used to be able to help a guy that maybe lacked a bit in the corners, but now, with the restrictor plates, it is ALL about corner speed.

Looking forward to seeing you, Double D.

JB

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the black cap motor still fast? Is that what Team E is running now? I need to get a motor and want to get one that has the potential to keep up with all the big dogs at MPR. From what I have been told the black cap is the way to go, the red caps just don't last and get lazy.

Dave D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Horsepower vs. traction

I think the general discussion here says what I have been thinking. More motor is not the key it is set-up. This due to the fact that we have not had tire rule changes in so long that now the new QSAC legal motors produce more power than we have traction at most tracks. It seems to be the case as I seen at Ft Worth in sprint class. When we are REAL fast we can cook both right side tires in two races maybe 1. I think the tire technology is there just the tire manufactures are bound by the rules to not make a higher bite tire.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ghilber said:
Dave - you need to get yourself a black cap motor!
If Greg says so, it has to be true!!! He was as fast as Butch S. every week with a red cap and won his fair share of races.

I personally think that the red cap seemed to have more "snap" and the black cap seemed to stay spooled-up longer.

Better go out and get a black cap, Dave. It's your only hope. :thumbsup:

JB

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ghilber said:
Joe, you think we should tell him about the new green cap motor that just came out???????????

NO!!!

I mean, what green motor, Greg? I don't know ANYTHING about a green motor.

:thumbsup:

Probably see you at the track today at some point, Greg. Got a lot of work to complete to get my sprinter ready.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find this new motor, Who has them and how much are they?

Dave D

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought Team E said a black cap was the one to get or this new green cap. I want the best!!!...

Dave D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts