Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Wow, you guys are bad! I've never been a Chevette fan, but I wish I had one of these. Off with the hood, in with a JL motor, and some fat, meaty tires in the back.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Dadvball said:
Wow, you guys are bad! I've never been a Chevette fan, but I wish I had one of these. Off with the hood, in with a JL motor, and some fat, meaty tires in the back.
How about some meaties all the way around??

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I bought a new Vega in 1977 (the last year they were made). I didn't even make it home from the dealership and it broke down. After they supposedly fixed it, I broke down on the way home the next day with it, after almost making it home a little further. It was the biggest piece of junk I ever owned so I gave it to my wife when we divorced.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
60sMetal said:
How about some meaties all the way around??
OH MAN! You know how I like odd ball (kind-of) 4x4's. I had a 4x4 Vega wagon so the 'vette would of been right at home here.
I still like this one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
My parents had a Chevette, which I used to borrow in the days when I didn't have a car of my own. I hated most of those little hatch back jobs, but it handled well enough and was pretty reliable.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
terry9911 said:
I bought a new Vega in 1977 (the last year they were made). I didn't even make it home from the dealership and it broke down. After they supposedly fixed it, I broke down on the way home the next day with it, after almost making it home a little further. It was the biggest piece of junk I ever owned so I gave it to my wife when we divorced.

To make matters worse I think they actually installed some kind of diesel in a few :freak:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
A buddy of mine had a diesel Chevette but cant remember who made the motor, probably Isuzu. I do know it was a pooch. The starter was going out of it and a new one was $109.00 plus tax, $109.00 starter for a $50.00 car! It also had bad glow plugs and he let it run for four days during a bad spell in a central Illinois winter. Sure wish I had that sucker now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's no wonder that Honda and Toyota are so successful in America, who would wan't a Chevette? Back in the early 1980's there was a Chevy salesman that would often eat at the restaurant I worked at, when he tried to convince me into trading my '77 Rabbit for the current model Chevette I could'nt help but laugh.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
being a customizer ya just knew i would print out the pic of the chevette. for the next 4x4 i will do

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
For some reason I am having problems seeing some pictures. The first post shows none that i can see but I am able the see the monster truck Chevette. lol

On the Vega side of things I really would love to see the Cosworth version. Came in black with gold accents and special rims. That was cool.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
For some reason I am having problems seeing some pictures. The first post shows none that i can see but I am able the see the monster truck Chevette. lol

On the Vega side of things I really would love to see the Cosworth version. Came in black with gold accents and special rims. That was cool.
How's about a Cosworth Chevette? Mr Costin & Mr Duckworth would have liked that model.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I had to drive a Chevette in high school and when I visited home in college because that's was my Dad's daily driver. It was dead nuts reliable although terribly underpowered (autotragic). He actually had to get a second one because a large delivery truck fell on top of his car while it was parked at his office and the insurance company bought him a replacement.

·
Registered
269 Posts
PWSchuh said:
I had to drive a Chevette in high school and when I visited home in college because that's was my Dad's daily driver. It was dead nuts reliable although terribly underpowered (autotragic). He actually had to get a second one because a large delivery truck fell on top of his car while it was parked at his office and the insurance company bought him a replacement.
My sister's croaked while she was driving home from work , the crankshaft broke in half. Although, I can't say my VW Jetta has been all that reliable as of late.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts