Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found the tooned camaro one with white hood one marron reg hood

and a v16 in grey and a v16 in black

how rare are these

also they are for trade

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
in most cases, usually the one that came out first, ends up being the more hard to find one... not in all, but in most cases...

having said that, and not researching every list or e-bay auction out there, I'm sure on the Camaro, the regular, red or non-white hood was the first one out, then they changed it to a white hood...now the white hoods are all over the place, being left to hang.... also check the side vents in front of the rear wheel... the first ones out..(hence-harder to find..) had them painted silver.. that went away pretty quick...so... seems the hardest to find would be regular red hood with silver painted side vents... next the regular red hood without silver painted side vents...then the most common..the white hoods...

now on the V-16..I've seen both, but I think the black was out first..seen alot more of the silver....

hope I could help a little...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pablodragon said:
in most cases, usually the one that came out first, ends up being the more hard to find one... not in all, but in most cases...

having said that, and not researching every list or e-bay auction out there, I'm sure on the Camaro, the regular, red or non-white hood was the first one out, then they changed it to a white hood...now the white hoods are all over the place, being left to hang.... also check the side vents in front of the rear wheel... the first ones out..(hence-harder to find..) had them painted silver.. that went away pretty quick...so... seems the hardest to find would be regular red hood with silver painted side vents... next the regular red hood without silver painted side vents...then the most common..the white hoods...

now on the V-16..I've seen both, but I think the black was out first..seen alot more of the silver....

hope I could help a little...
thanks for the info

mine with the regular hood has the side vents painted grey so i guess i got a good one

the one with the white hood just has the side vents the red/maroon color

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also note that there is also a third one with No Paint on the Hood or on the Side vents. Forth Variation coming out on Saturday Sept. 18th.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Maroon 2004 Tooned Camaro w/white vents

Hello All,

New to this forum and new to HW collecting.

I have a Maroon Tooned Camaro, with white side vents. Has anyone seen this? I am curious to know if it is something rare. Or a "run of the mill" variation?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have 3 diffrent ones the one with the white hood and unpainted vents, the one that has the maroon hood and painted vents mine look more silver then white and then i found 2 that have the maroon hood and the vents aren't painted they are maroon like the rest of the car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I didn't notice it until your post... The one with the body colored vents has a white hood stripe. The one with the white vents, has a body colored hood.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Then I have two more to find...

Thanks.

I once had the white in my hands... But at the time, I was not aware of variations... Nor did I know that I did not have any version of the tooned camaro.

So much to catch up on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Wow, some Kmart is putting out some old stock unless you got them at a flea market or through a trade. I would have thought those would have dried up at Kmart back in October or November at the latest.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bossman you hit it on the head the last collector day i found a " RED " MADD PROPZ in my case of cars, it was the only plane in 38 cases the manager over toys and a couple more there questioned why red and no blue one said all blue were gone that they had probly messed up putting the one in those cases.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts