Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This diorama was made with two matchbox tractors and one Johnny Lightning Dodge Challenger 70, 1/64 scale.

Enjoy it!!

Regards
MCM

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thats Great! I do enjoy watching that movie.
of course, I recognise all the scenes in Denver when the movie begins,
and when Kowalski is driving down colfax. (a major east west boulevard).
The scenes in glenwood canyon while I-70 is still being built up, and the chase through Rifle Colorado are cool too.
Your final scene diorama is killer.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Very cool! One of my favorite movies of the early 70s. I'd also like to see a diorama of the nekkid hippie chick on the motorcycle. :p

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
fantastic job.
i have always planned on doing this one but keep putting it off.
i hope you will post this on the custom site here. we all enjoy dioramas there also.
later gunn

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Nice !!! I was going to do something like that with my revelle 1/25 vanishing point challengers. these have the correct colorado license plates with OA 5599 on the front and back. Yours looks great, nice road grime detailing.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Great dio from a Classic Movie...hey just a quick question...Does anyone make blurred tire decals in order to give a forced perspective of speed?
...and possibly a blurred background picture?
You've done a Great job here :thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
This is fantastic - Nice Job!

One nit-picky thing, however . . . the rear tire seems to be off-kilter, as if it is turned to the left. Maybe it is the perspective of the shot, but it could be a slightly bent axle.

Do you plan on doing the next frame with the white '67 Camaro just about to hit the dozers? :wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought I was the only one who liked that movie. I am a major 70's car chase movie freak, drives my wife crazy..... Awesome scene mcm.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I saw that movie about 10 times,mainly because I had a 70 Challenger,actually the final scene with the car crashed into the Bulldoziers was a 68 Camaro.Next time you see it check it out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts