Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be having our first race for this season on 10/3/03. We will be opening the doors 9/30/03 for practice from 6:00pm - 9:00pm in Van Wert, Ohio. If you want to check out the track you can go to our webpage http://www.geocities.com/vanwertraceway/main If you have any questions just ask I know many of our racers are on here and can try to answer them. We have a class called Stadium where it is offroad cars and trucks like the RC-10T3 that we have built jumps for so all you offroad racers have a place to race during the winter months.

frdsrul :jest:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I sure hope everyone is ready to have fun tomorrow! If someone has never been here, U are missing out. this is the most racer freindly track I have ever raced at " I been to alot of tracks in 11 YEARS! I would really like to see some Ft Wayne guys here. Now many of our local guys ran there in 2002 and 2003 season and we had a blast! I also plan to make many trips to Ultra to also share one heck of a good time with U guys. Sure hope to see U guys 10/3/03 at 5 to 7 racing and it all starts at 8. Believe me once you check it out you will agree its a heck of a time. :wave:

·
Registered
152 Posts
yo yo yo guys

our first oval race here in ft wayne is sat nite the 4th ....
come one come all we are ready to kick the season off and have some fun as well ...............

to all of you guys at van wert i wanna make sure that everyone knows the pdx race will be oct 12 sunday at ft wayne door prizes and trophies..should be a blast ..............

im sure a few of us from the fort will be up there real soon for some oval on friday nite ...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
hey

i stoped up for a bit just to check out the track......wow it still looks great......and what is it with the old records falling the first week .....was you vanwert guys holding back......wait for the kings return...lol

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I just thought I would let everyone know that Summit R/C Raceway in Fort Wayne, IN is going to hold a Oval trophy race Sunday, October 12th. This race was originally scheduled for the Schoolyard R/C track in LaGrange, IN, but was rained out. The event has been moved to the carpet track at Summit R/C Raceway. Trophies, prizes and lots of great racing. You can call the track Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturdays at 471-2722 for more information. Also look at the website
http://hometown.aol.com/sheath9831/raceway.html
The race flyer is http://pdxracing.sytes.net/schoolyard~summitflyer.html

Doors open at 8am, drivers meeting at 11:30 and racing starting at 12:00 with 3 quailifiers and a main. Entry fee is: $15.00 - $10.00 for each additional class and 3 cars make a class.

Sonny Brown was at the first race this past sat and said, " For those that haven’t made the trip, the track is smooth, fast and had pretty good bite for the first race weekend. Run line is about 145 with 12’ wide lanes. More then enough pit room and new AMB digital lap counting system. The only thing they need is for more racers to take advantage of the track."

Bring all your friends and tell anyone you know that wants to get abck on the rug. The rumor mill has it that some of the Indy crew is coming as well as a Big guy from Kentucky and some bearded guy that can wheel pretty good from Cinncy.

If you need more information or directions please feel free to contact me. I am not affliated with the track just trying to get everyone together for one hell of a race.

Brian Anthony

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well another great night at VW! But anyway I will definetly be there SAT. to race just to make sure I got all my ducks in a row for sunday trophy race. I'm racin Friday at Vanwert and Sat and Sun at the fort. I will let some of the VW POSSE know about this weekend. Hope everyone is ready for some BARN BURNIN 6CELL STOCK! see ya at the track! :eek: :eek: :wave:

·
Registered
668 Posts
c111

Happy Birthday C111........i just hope you dont think your birthday is going to keep me from running ahead of you....lol...i cant wait till the week end

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh Yea

I Got A Losi Just For Stadium.......and With A Little Flanagan Power And A Hired Gun Behind The Wheel Anything Is Possible.....even Your Record....lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not my record Heater still has it she still has .01 seconds on my best time but I am trying hard to get it back... If you need help on getting it setup to jump right up there let me know. It'll be a challenge since it is a Losi :tongue: . That Flanagan power is what is gonna kill me because now I am gonna have to start doing motor work. I like it better when we all run about the same that way it is up to the driver. See you tonight

:jest:

·
Registered
668 Posts
food

the snack bar will be open tonite.......two types of sandwiches breadsticks nochos....and a lot more...see ya there

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well last Friday the crowd was a lot bigger than our first night. I think tonight will be even better since crops are coming off the fields. I was talking to Mark about the first points series and it might be starting up in a couple of weeks. We'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
668 Posts
c3

MUDD....who said you could break the 19 turn record twice...lol...i am glad you did now it will give dave and i something to shoot after......but remember we were only a few feet behind you so dont slip in MUDD...lol....great run chuck......oh you to dave......see ya later

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The crowd was even bigger this last friday we had 14 heats running. Smoke the stadium class is starting to grow again. Always a lot of fun racing with Mike, Heather and Mike A. Real close racing and believe it or not CLEAN racing which always makes it more fun when you can swap positions every lap with other drivers and know that the open wheels will not meet :D . CYA all this Friday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
C3 told me 6 cell is pretty big over there, but do you have any 4 cell classes on a weekly bases or would you run one if we brought a few guys.

1 - 20 of 330 Posts