Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, for so long i have wanted to ask the value of this car.

ebay doesnt really help, because i have seen it for as low as 15$! and as high as around 50$... :freak:

the 1996 First Edition VW Bus. what is it worth nowadays?

also, how can you tell if it's the 30th anniversary one?
I have the real one, but how does one know the difference?

thanks

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
as far as value, can't help ya...haven't seen any change hands for awhile..and haven't been watching e-pay for any... i gave up on them a while ago...and don't forget there is also the original international carded 96 F.E....worth a little less than the U.S. carded one

..the other ?, if they are still on card/in blister, the back of the 30th anniv. card is way differnt, has a list of all the 30th anniv. cars, I believe. If they are loose, the 30th anniv. bus has a gold 30th anniv. tampo on top of the rear wing

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Mecal said:
- what do you mean "carded?"
not loose...still in the plastic blister on the card, in the package...

on the 30th anniv. big packages, if you open the big box and took out the 'card', it would look just like the original 96 first edition card , except the bus would have the gold tampo on the wing, and ,if you turned the card over, it would have a list of the anniversary cars, and not promotions about stuff in 1996

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
....I also showed a picture of the differences a while back... Look at the peg in the front of the bus that connectes to the glass... do you see it???
OK... The 1996 FE bus's little peg is squared off and the 30th add. is a bit rounded.
The tampo can be removed from the back wing and without this added knowledge you can't tell the difference....

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
oops... I just got a 1996 FE bus for $40.50 on ebay. There are some good deals to be had...

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I'll try to post a picture tomorrow morning.....

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Let me see if I remember how to do this......

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
There ya go.....
The picture shows the pegs.. (for lack of a better word) at the very front edge of the bus on the underside.
Note the difference???? The First Edition has a squared off little peg that holds to the front glass... On your right....
On the left is the 30th and the peg is slightly rounded... Well a noticable difference....
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Bedlam packed and will be off to you on Tuesday!!!
USPS prioarty...from New Mexico....
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
ive seen them as low as 30$ and as high as 75$ depends on if its momc or if its bad shape also if its loose its not worth as much id pay up to 50$ for one some day ill get it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts