Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these t jets that I am probably going to get rid of. I don't know much about what the different cars are worth I do race t jets up here in Nor Cal. most of the cars in the first pic have solid rivet chassis but I can be pretty certain that the top plates are not original.Also none of the bodies in the first pic are cut and posts are good.the batmobile has a funky spot on one of the rear wheel wells almost like it was melted slightly and robins head is gone. the second pic the cars have nicely cut wheel wells. all that is wrong with the camaro is the front post is slightly cracked.... The mach 1 is an awesome looking car with the chrome wheels. how can I tell if it was original. I was told it was but am not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Nice lot,the white riviera is either a cigar box or the front post is cut.I am interested in all of them,since I am a potential buyer,I will not put out a value on them.LMK if you would,thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You might try your local library. Our Library had a book " the Greenberg Aurora " Price guide? . Bob beers has a book as well the really defines rare cars from run of the mill production/ set cars. But the Market fluctuates so much lately it's hard to nail down any given price on any given day. Collectors are collectors and on any given day if you have something they want or need to fill a gap in thier collection they will pay to get it. My ball park if you were to ebay them I would not be surprized to see $150.00 to $200.00 for what you have shown. If the cars were unmodified they would have more value. Just a guess , and I could be way off.
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
You can always search Aurora slot cars on eBay to see what they might be going for. Either active, or completed listings. I agree with Clydeomite, you never know what something will sell for. A fairly rare car sells for way less than you thought, and a fairly common one goes for 2 or 3 times more than anticipated.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
On ebay always check "completed listings" because some of the reserves are never met and what stuff actually sells for is what matters. The light blue Mach I Mustang looks to be a replica, the Batmobile is the pick of the litter I think.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
The red pickum-up is quite nice.

So is the entire lot...as lots go anyway. Good shine, clean accents and fairly unmolested, from the pictures you've shown. Chassis condition plays somewhat of a role in the final outcome. Flip them over and give us a look.

Good clean chassis are 12 to 15 bux...the blue GT-40 and the green Cheetah are fairly desireable. The Ford truck will bring a good chunk and of course the batmobile always cashes out high... even with a coupla boo boos. The red Lola appears to be missing it's back glass. Sadly the AMX is just another cut red white and blue.

Do your homework.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I was able to search completed listings on ebay and have somewhat of an idea
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts