·
Registered
5,478 Posts
At $30 you can put me down for one!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't know. I used up all the material in the kit to get three usable PE sets. I ordered more supplies and will amortize that to determine the cost of the PE. If there is only demand for a couple of kits, I can handle it. I don't want to do the photo-etching. It is nasty, time consuming and many other things I don't like. Hey, thats what kits are for.

I tried a few places to get them to do the PE. GMM is to busy and the other places want as much as $600.00 to start. I have a few more requests for pricing out there but am not real hopeful. Before I shell out that kind of money on something that may not go over well, I need a better idea of the demand.

I am shooting for the the $50.00 range for a kit with the photo-etching, three drones and stand. haven't figured out if it will make that, and it won't if the demand isn't there.

I am real happy with the way it is turning out. The detailed hull is almost done and the stand is coming along. I think it will sell okay, but I thought that way about the Landmaster too.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
At $50, you can still put me down for one!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
With the stand

Pretty much done. The embossed parts of the base are kind of hard to paint though.

Managed to get enough parts for one complete kit. Will see if there is any interest beyond what is here before trying to have somebody do the photo-etching.

Still need to finish the detailed hull and the parts reduced drones.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Lloyd Collins said:
Oh yea, I really like it! I hope you can sell it, even if it is a limited edition.
That`s a real beauty. A limited edition would be ok for me - as long as I can get a copy!!! :cool:

Greetings from Germany
Marco

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Its a kit

Reduced the size of the superstructure to more closely match the filming model.

All those trees are a pain, but they are really noticable.

Had a real hard time getting the smaller sensor grate to form. If the kits I have done up do well, I will get the PE commercially done. Still not sure on the demand, there were only a couple of folks watching the auction for the pre-production one

Those of y'all who expressed an interest should have gotten an email. If not, send me one.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, production on this one may be slow.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts