Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
endless apologies for the sudden fixation with TIE fighters.

I've done the X-1 a couple times in the past. All of these were so frustrating, they wound up in pieces after hitting the ground at hyperspeed. Kidding on that - sorta.

Anyway, my main problems were the engine intakes (?) on the front of the hull that are shaped roughly like coffins (between the cockpit and the wings) and the thin walls that made up the square holes toward the rear of the ship. With those, I kept getting them reversed, upside-down or whatever way they weren't supposed to go. I swear I was reading the instructions! Oh, and the inboard solar panel sidewalls. Those were hard to tackle with putty and have it glue flush to the mating surface. I don't have clamps that go that deep.

So, any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Do I got a playlist for that? You bet!
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=278142DC5ED9AC93

I loved building this last year. A 1989 repop, it went together easy even with all the magnets, lights and wires I stuffed inside. The only place I needed putty was along the "coffin line".

SSM has an accuratizing kit for... ~$20? I didn't get it, but will for the next time.

*Don't know about accuracy issues, (but being a 1970's / MPC model), they are guaranteed, arent' they?*

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and word as to the differences between the Ertl and the Monogram ones? Do these issues appear in the Monogram version?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.