Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of finally updating my Outlaw Sprinter and designing the updates for the soon to be renamed Oswego Super Modified, but I was curious about what you guys would like to see for a vacufromed slot car body. It can be anything from a real world car (like the Enzo, etc.) to an original concept design. I went through the lists tonight and looked at what Scale Auto, Parma, MADD, Thunderbolt, BRST and Rothwell offer, there's nothing really newer than a 2001 model.

If I see a trend towards a certain car I may try to put something together in the near future. Since I erased my entire project board I have only a couple of things on it now, and those will be done within a week or so. So post what you'd like to see on your car zooming around the track.

..and no riding lawnmowers. :drunk:

Here's mine:

2007 MazdaSpeed3 (Hatchback) -very slick design
NASCAR Car of Tomorrow -this is actually on my project board
Dodge Challenger Concept AAR Trans-Am -Dan Gurney revisited
Chrylser 300 IMSA -something to kick the caddy's butt

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Well Pete, I'm thinkin' the 300 would be cool. Although it's got a blunt frontal area, and over all kinda boxy, it somehow appeals to me. I like the low roof and window lines as well as the broad hips appearance. I saw a freshy the other day in dark red. It was slammed, tinted and had some giant rims with slotcar tires on it. It was striking, and as of late the american car designers havent been doing much in the way of trippin' my trigger. I hardly ever look twice, but I did that day. I also like their trend towards deleting the goofus deco moldings and excessive trimmings. She was bad phat.

The Enzo is probably a no brainer due to zoopy aerodynamics and beautifully slung bodywork. It is however quite angular and I dont know how that would suck down.
Only you could know such things.

I havent rummaged my archives yet for XT/Magna bones yet, but I'll get'er done this weekend and send it if I come up with anything.

Bill

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'll be the first to admitt.......I previously wasn't into vacum formed bodies at all...I much prefer hard bodies. This past weekend I won an Ebay auction for two Wizzard Patriot cars.....so now I have a need for a lexan vacumformed body.

I'm a HUGE Chevy S10 fan....and would love to find a '98-'03 Chevy S10 pro stock drag truck body to fit my Patriot. :wave:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bill, the CTS isn't all that pointy either, but imagine if you will the 300 with some modest fender flairs and an aero package. I'm looking at this one closely. On the Enzo, I can make anything suck, pretty much.

T-Jet, the TC would make a wonderful SPEC racer just like the Miata has. I'd have to make this one by hand though, haven't seen a convertible diecast as of yet. I think it's MADD that makes a NAS-Truck of the C1500 already. I have a Zip-Zap body of an Escalade that could be converted for the Tahoe though.

TX, if I get enough folks interested I'll do a drag body very soon. I just need to know what chassis is going on.

Here's a Silver Crown car I'm also considering for G-Jets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts