Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Love the casting more than the real car. My ex-wife and I bought a brand new '77 Vega back in the day, and it broke down before we got it home. The 2nd day we made it home with it, but it broke down leaving our house going to her parents house. :rolleyes:

The marriage went about as good as the Vega did which didn't last long.:eek:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Love the casting more than the real car. My ex-wife and I bought a brand new '77 Vega back in the day, and it broke down before we got it home. The 2nd day we made it home with it, but it broke down leaving our house going to her parents house. :rolleyes:

The marriage went about as good as the Vega did which didn't last long.:eek:
the vega was a sign

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was Terry. Now my mom was a Terror on wheels, speeding and winding gears. My dad was working at the chevy dealer at the time as well. She had a 72 Vega GT in Cortez silver with the black stripe down the middle and wore it out running it hard. It did not lay down. Then She got a Green Vega GT and it had black stripes on the lower sides and she ran it to death as well. That was a 75 model. I know of plenty of vegas and chevettes that broke down on their first day of service as well as the famed Fiero doing the same thing. That was a sign For sure for you!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
:thumbsup::freak:vega wow my parents had the vega wagon new from chevy . I think we were on the third motor by the time my dad said no more. but but.. wait i did watch a CHP blow his motor trying to catch my dad blastin down hwy. 5 in central california in the 70;s best memory of the vega...............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts