Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not saying this is the right thing to do, or promoting the idea.

(BUT IT WORKS)

So I took a worn pistion,rod and pin out of a v-spec and test fit into a worn rg sleeve, I Found that there was a super tight fit that was going to need some breaking in. Test fit rod on crank pin, again I found a very nice fit.
Last I check the rod specs against rg. Every thing is checking out!!!
So what I have is a rg case,bearings,head,carb, back plate and crank with v-spec pistin,rod and pin. ( note,I was using a michromitter for checking sizes) Broke in engine with help of friend,vice,heat gun,oil and 18v drill. (first tryed in buggy but starter box would not turn it)

I have ran 5 tanks through it so far. Runs really well. Pinch is better than great. I am still testing this combo I may have to lose the head shim.
I have ran it at full speed already even though its breaking in. I will be at dukes this weekend running it non stop, or till it blows.

jason

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I headed to the track with a gallon of 30% heli fuel thats been in my basement for like 3 or 4 years. Engine ran perfect with lots of power. Actaully got a few comments on how fast it was. Just over a half gallon through it now,still tons of pinch. I was running it around 280. Engine. Wow that heli fuel made a lot of smoke. felt like I was flying a plain with the smoke on.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Duuuude!!!! You are the bomb. I'm curious about doing some playing myself. You know toying with the timing and such on a say....STS or something. Should have my C6 this week. Swint, I need an opinion.....Should I have the C6 modded from RBMods or should I send out a STS, VG, 3Port B3 (Werks) or something. Then we could follow suit (Somewhat copy) on other engines.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BrentV said:
Duuuude!!!! You are the bomb. I'm curious about doing some playing myself. You know toying with the timing and such on a say....STS or something. Should have my C6 this week. Swint, I need an opinion.....Should I have the C6 modded from RBMods or should I send out a STS, VG, 3Port B3 (Werks) or something. Then we could follow suit (Somewhat copy) on other engines.
I would vote for the sts, Though I have not seen one run that I know of. The c6 is already mental and you can always try the turbo button. The werks engines have that funky exaust I do not care for. That vgs kinda wierd.
My new novaroosi p5x will be here any day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, Just wanted to show ya this person. Looks like some pretty exteme mods to me. I'm bidding on a os rg done by them. hope to get it to see how it runs. www.powerhousercperformance.com Theres a pic of a RG sleve there someplace, half the thing is ground away. if it works i'm gonna copy it in my good RG i have now. Hope to see ya all out at dukes, hopefully some other options for racing open up. Later Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts