Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a part time racers but I want to get a link car for Carpet racing.

The KSG SCX is the best I know.

I would prefer a conversion kit since I race only about 10 times a year. I dont want too spend $500 for the KSG.

I see Darkside has a good looking V-Link.

I know Styker has one but the links dont adjust and I like a little rear streer.

Who else makes a conversion kit? Not interested in the Assc R5O.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
There's a few link cars out there, CW,F-14 for Hyperdrive,and CEFX I believe,and CRCs' Battle Axe.If my old memory serves me correctly ;)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I would Spend the money on the SCX.

If you have a R5 all ready you can get a Rogue racing mono ball conversion for it look in the product support section.Most if no one runs rear steer on mono ball cars.

Jake

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
if your not in a hurry you could wait for the hyperdrive pro 5. It proved itself at the birds to be competitive with the SCX and should cost less. it should also be available as a conversion.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
You can add rear steer to the Stryker car by adding shims underneath the link balls, you do not need adjustable links. I believe the new Hyperdrive car will come with links similar to what's on the Stryker. Wanted you to be informed before you make a commitment.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked on the F-14 site and didn't see a link car.

I did hear about the pro 5 @ the birds. I didn't get to look at it. I would like to see one.

I will check the Custom Works site And the CRC site.

The only CEFX I have seen are using T-Plates or the mono ball deal but no links.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have an R5. And out of the 10-12 races I run every year only 4 are carpet. 3 Minreg and the Birds. So buying the KSG is not going to happen. The way this sport changes it could be out of date by Janurary.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right! 3 years old and I cant get a cheap used one yet. LOL!

I am liking the Stryker and have had a few PM's telling me not to worry with the rear steer on a link car. So I wont.

I still like the Darkside too. I have owned some Darkside cars and they were awesome on our asphalt short track we race here. But have not owned one in a while (like 7-8 years). But always liked their stuff.....good quality mill work.

We all know the Hyperdrive stuff rocks! So I may look into their
Pro 5 conversion kit when its available to the general public.

Thanks for the advice so far.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Scx,K12,Pro5,Rogue all 10 in cars the Darkside car is 10 1/2 I think

Ksg has its own pivot and link system
Rogue uses assc link and pivot system
Pro 5 ,Stryker ,CRC use the CRC links pivot system
Darkside is own system

Good luck with your search.

Jake

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
if your not in a hurry you could wait for the hyperdrive pro 5. It proved itself at the birds to be competitive with the SCX and should cost less. it should also be available as a conversion.
:lol: Seems like it will be February before that thing comes out!! :tongue:
I've been told that it'll be out the end of July - first part of August.

I'd wait if you could.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have not seen nor could I find sites to see the Rogue, Assc or the TOP car.

The web site from Darkside shows a V-Link thats like the KSG unless they changed.

I did find a conversion for an assc car. I had never heard of it and dont want to experiment to far off the beaten path.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I have not seen nor could I find sites to see the Rogue, Assc or the TOP car.

The web site from Darkside shows a V-Link thats like the KSG unless they changed.

I did find a conversion for an assc car. I had never heard of it and dont want to experiment to far off the beaten path.
The SCX is a hanging center pivot and the bridge and hime balls are machined buy them.But I think the pic does show adj links and a carbon/pivot ball system for the darkside car
www.rogueracingproducts.com

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They both use a turnbuckle system. Is what I meant. But it does not seem that important if rear steer is not used on link cars.

The Rouge car does look good. But I would have to buy a bunch of R5 stuff I dont have.

The Stryker or the Darkside conversion gets me on the track with out much fuss.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
They are the three I am interested in. Leading more towards the darkside since there are some guys at Strickland I race with in trucks. Would like to learn more about the other two other cars.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
You know you can buy the SCX in parts and use your old front end hubs and shocks check lefthander and Allan at Greenville it might take some effort on your part but you could make it happen they work just as good with the old front end.

Jake

1 - 20 of 37 Posts