Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont like to yap on much so heres a load of pictures instead lol.

oh! i will say, this is round 2. my previous one, my partners cat killed. still fighting urge to kill it lol.

in starting off doing the electronics work and detail panting. glueing certain parts together to allow for the electronics. such as the top halfs of the necelles and the pilons halfs together. the belly hull parts and deflector housing. but not the dish itself. lol.

once the electrics are done and i get an air compressor + air gun i'll paint the hull and assemble it all together lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thanks chris, im currently sat with so much mess on my desk its hard to type but also working on the flight lights (the blinking ones) getting their holes cut and leds soldered up. need to build the blink circuit for them but eh oh well. almost have the entire rear section done as far as electronics go.

personally i love how the impulse engines came out. they really give a wonderful glow out the back and shine on objects wonderfully

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/sigh...

gluegun just went flash, pop and started smoking.

scared me half to death! thinks me needs a new one :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. its come to a bit of a halt for now as i've basically run out of supplies. although i can carry on with cutting out the windows. but come friday hopefully i can get the rest of the bits and peices to get the strobe and blinker leds done and functional.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks brad.

i'll be posting a picture later with the model taped together with all but 2 leds wired up.

although they'll be on without blinking/strobing as need to get those circuits built hehe.

oh and the torpedo launchers wont be lit up. they seem to have gone poof. fix those later

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great- belive it or not my biggest issue with the lights on my refit is that they are too bright! I like to imagine that if i was actually inside, i would be subject to like 1 million candlepower!

Nice deail work- i have no patience for that- when it comes to greeblies in space, i pull out the ole' gunmetal paint and blaze away in a fury homogenous color! I have never done a Voyager, it most likely that once 7 of 9 joined the ship I sorta forgot about the curves of a spaceship...in fact, was there a spaceship at all?!?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHAHA!

can you not put in a resistor on the + power feed to dim them if thier universally to bright?

i do love voyagers sleek very sexy lines and curves. the uss thunderchild is meant to be being released as a model. i SO want to do that one too

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Your build is really looking wonderful!
One thought- you might consider blocking out some of the windows- that gives the ship a 'lived in' look since not every room would be in use all the time.
Looking forward to the next update...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i did that on my previous voyager build and wasnt 100% keen on it.

i've left some of the windows filled in at the rear though.

besides, anyone says anything, "the crew is running diagnostics on the power systems requiring all systems to be fully powered on, including lighting" lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
brief update: got all the nav and strobe leds in and tested. heres some pictures.

video is still uploading.

heres the strobe circuit (capacitor + resistors need swapping for correct values)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
video

To do:

glue in leds to saucer
build and install blinker and strobe circuits
install leds to torpedo launchers fore and aft
glue parts together (only the pylons are glued together and to the nacells)
fix light bleed areas
prime
paint
decals
install deflector dish LEDS

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am starting the build on the bandi kit I bought 7 yrs ago. Havent built a model in 25 yrs. is there and problems with this kit. please give me suggestion. BTE I had the Revellspecial kit yrs ago and sold it on ebay for over $200.00 I wisked I hadnt. iit was a great kit

1 - 20 of 48 Posts