Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, after years of on and off work, I am finally done my refit Dreadnaught class- USS Federation. This has been the first Star Trek kit I have put together in over 18 years. And the forst one that I paid attention to some of the detail.

While not perfect, I am very proud of it and have it kindly displayed overtop of my desk here at home. Special thanks to Jack (Fookerpilot) and Jeffrey (Griffworks) for all of their advice and words of encouragement. I could not have finished it without it.

I am anxious to here your feedback. I hope you all enjoy it.

Scott

Sorry I can't figure out how to make these pictures bigger.

·
Registered
392 Posts
From what I can make out it looks really good. Dreadnaught are one of my favorite class. Your pictures make me want to get started on my Star Empire class dreadnaught. I hope you can post some larger pics of your project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I can't get bigger pictures posted here, Griffworks will be posting them on his site in the next few weeks.

Scott

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Just 'cause I can't resist being correct, it's spelled "dreadnought" with an "O."
Literally, "Fear Nothing."

·
Registered
476 Posts
DredNot

I prefer DreadNot. As in: "Dread not the hazards of paint runs, glue spills, torn decals, and burned out light bulbs discovered AFTER the hull has been sealed."

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Interesting.
Well, the British battleship that the class was named for, and that the starships are named after, was spelled with an O. Being a proper name with a proper spelling, I think that's what we should be using. Unless y'all think it's okay to spell names differently for no good reason. Waddaya think Jahn, Steev? :) ;).

·
Registered
146 Posts
john p, you do know the british spell/pronounce things slightly different than us americans right? just double checkint

im actually interested in this model. is this the old sci-fi minis kit, or is it a scratchbuild/kitbash? or is it the new 2500th kit (seems unlikely, but thought id make sure)? im trying to build one of these myself with some other enhancements (rear torps, couple extra phasers, maybe some more breadth to the secondary hull to house a bigger warp core, etc)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Regional spelling or not, it's a proper name, Chuhk ;).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is the Sci-Fi mini's kit withthe refit ERTL. As for the spelling...Like Ziz, I prefer the spelling with an "a" as opposed to "o". Working on the bigger pictures. Also, Griffworks should have my write-up by early next week so he can pot more of my pictures on his site.

BTW, JTGraphics..thanks for the awesome decals! And John P. looking at your USS Belisarius, I definately want to make onbe of those. You are an inspiration.

Scott

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Vaderman said:
As for the spelling...Like Ziz, I prefer the spelling with an "a" as opposed to "o".
Okay, Skaht. ;) (this is fun!)

BTW, JTGraphics..thanks for the awesome decals! And John P. looking at your USS Belisarius, I definately want to make onbe of those. You are an inspiration.
*blush* :eek:

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
What I wanna know is how you get "Shawn" from Sean.

I still hear many people pronounce the names (when reading them in print) Sean Connery and Sean Bean as "Seen Connery" and "Seen Bean".

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Never mind Siobhain being pronounced "Shivaughn." Crazy Celts. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts