Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........so have some auctions I won coming and, as I periodically do, I check delivery status before venturing off to our box.

I have an auction I won on Friday, mailed Sat - that went from AZ to CA to CO to NE to IL and is now sitting in IL. I am in MN. WTH? And its only been like 5 days....

It is priority mail too which I thought they utilized the most direct route for.

Crazy.... we shall see if it arrives.

Dip

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Priority Mail is supposed to arrive within 2 business days. That's been exceeded, so the mailer is due a refund on the postage, which I'd hope he would pass along to you. As a Postal Worker myself, I hate hearing stories like this, but at the same time I have to say that they're the exception rather than the rule - We still have a much better on-time prercentage than UPS or FedEx, and lwer prices too. Things go wrong with the system which, in my opinion, is WAY too automated. Optical character readers misdirect mailpieces when a hand-written address is misinterpreted by the machine. Bar code scanners misread the codes if there's a wrinkle in the label. The human eye is fallable too, but sometimes it's the way to go.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah usps is screwed right now, priority packages taking over 5 days to get to the people, one of my packages has never arrived....i dont know what is going on but the one time i dont use tracking this crap happens....never again even if its one car will i not use tracking...should be able to trust the mail service to get items there in under a week guess not.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I'd like to think USPS treats packages better than UPS or FedEx. I once had a UPS driver toss a package over my fence!
You should have filmed it - LOL!!

USPS - I have very little problems with packages. 1100 shipped last year only one issue and that was due to address for delivery provided by customer.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Well Mr.D..........

Well Mr.D, that is a pain?!?, but to date I never had a problem using USPS, but I did had lots of problems using FedEx and UPS....I never buy anythings from online stores that used FedEx or UPS...just last week I stop a order by Diecastwholesale.com when they answered to my email that they only ship UPS..I said ahola, I'll buy somwhere else See ya!.....a purchase of more than $180 they turn down...too bad so sad....But anyway, its not good business for any company that mess up an order especially a Collector...my opinion.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You should have filmed it - LOL!!
I wasn't at home at the time. When I got home, I checked the tracking info, and saw that it had been delivered, but it wasn't at the front door. My roommate hadn't seen it either...but next time I stepped onto the patio, there it lay! At least the contents were designed to withstand a free-fall from a greater height than needed to clear the fence.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Priority Mail is supposed to arrive within 2 business days.
Is that really the case?? I don't know that I have ever received a package PM in two days unless it was within my zone.

Most are 3-5 days and I am in the central part of the US.

PS: My package is now in IA from IL - LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts