Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
If they'd quit sending me all these stupid advertisment postcards with the "Cathy" cartoon character on them they wouldn't have to keep raising the cost! :mad: I sent them an email after the one, stating that in this day and age of the computer, if you don't ALREADY know about their on-line services then you aren't connected to the web. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Rate Hikes? It's a government controlled organization, what would you expect. It's not like they will ever LOWER anything, then they couldn't buy new stuff and hire more people to do the things Americans didn't vote for!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Billy W said:
Bad part is still cheaper than UPS and FEDEX.. and more reliable.. which isn't saying much....lol

Billy
I just pick and choose what I feel like it for the day.

Now, what am I going to do with the 25 stamps I have from Christmas. Goodness, I have to buy 25 "upgrade" stamps to make it the right price. Ha!

I can't believe "Priority" is going up again though. It's bad enough its 4.05, from the 3.85 before.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
It wouldnt be so bad if their tracking did not suck.. Man I hate priority mail... The tracking is useless.. Accepted= you dropped it off.. Delivered= delivered.. wow.. at least with UPS or fed ex when something gets held up or sent somewhere by mistake you know where its at... IE >>> scanned in at dallas HUb at 5:08>> scanned to departure from dallas 6:15... Where USPS would just read.. accepted on JAN3rd..

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once in a blue moon.... ill get an actually tracking from USPS.. where it was scanned at each stop off point.. its actually shocking!!

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Mits, 25? Last time they hiked the rate I had 51 37 centers left and they had run out of 2 cent stamps so I got 1 centers!!! :lol: Took me a LONG time to use them all. This time my parents and my business are trying to get them used up before it's time to switch, especially since it hasn't been that long ago that I got stamps. :rolleyes:

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
On a sie note.....for me I think the "forever stamp" is going to work out well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My mom is a postmaster. She is telling me and dad the new rates and how it is. The postal workers have to go to school to learn it all. Mom saying time to retired. To much stuff to know and do to send a letter.
Johnny

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Ya'all can KEEP Cali...........

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Haha.......I saw an auction started the other day for a Losi starter shaft for .01 and the shipping $5.00. You can buy the shaft at the hobby shop for $5.00 and there AIN'T NO WAY it would cost that to ship it anyway! :lol:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I ship bodies all the time. The boxes it requires are a little big. I always pack everything in "peanuts" and its very lite. But the PO is now measuring the boxes and if it is a little too big, its an extra charge. I was told the main reason for the rate hikes are because people use more Email now instead of Snail mail. I cant imagine why can you????
Kevin

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
hey blame your president the usps who i work for can raise every three years if the want but they dont. This rate increase is to pay for the alleged war in iraq the feds owe the post office 28 billion that they borrowed of us ! its called revene forgone. If you saw the crappy equipment we use untill it cant be repaired any more youd wonder how we survive at .41 we are still the cheapest in the world!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
USPS is cheapest and fastest in my area. FED EX the best when its GOT to be there on time. I never use UPS if possible, they have a new system where the drivers get a different route every day or two. Since then my buisiness shipping has become a nightmare. Nothing is ever on time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts