Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Neat hobbyshop find today, there were 4 of these on the shelf and I got 2 of them, If the others are still there next week I will probably get them as well. These are all sealed, original 1980 store stock, not re-issues. the one pictured is the worst of the lot, having creases on one edge of the box so it is the one I will open and build. It was funny when I took these to the counter and the kid working there had to call his dad over to help ring them up since there is no barcode on the box. The guy at the hobbyshop said these were found still in the box that they had been shipped in and were behind some old shelving that had been taken out of the store in 1980. They had been untouched all those years.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have one of these in the stash I bought back in the day. I think it is one fugly design. I think it is something from a Gerry Anderson show.
Did you really pay only ten bucks for it???

Max Bryant

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have one of these in the stash I bought back in the day. I think it is one fugly design. I think it is something from a Gerry Anderson show.
Did you really pay only ten bucks for it???

Max Bryant
Yes, he priced the kits based on the original cost found in the packing slip with the box they were in, that is why i may go back and get the others if they are still there, lots of scratch building possibilities. Starcruiser 1 was the Gerry Anderson design (and just as ugly), the Cosmic Clipper and UFO came out later and had no connection to Anderson from the info I have found.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I've never seen the Cosmic Clipper before but I do remember the Starcrusier One. Interesting designs, looks like you got a good haul there.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
When you go back I would buy one off of you if they still have any! I had the Starcruiser 1 but never got this one.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
As a kid I had 3 of the STARCRUISER 1, and two COSMIC CLIPPER. Those were great to play with! I'm searching a COSMIC CLIPPER for years now, but everytime they appear at Ebay the price is rather ridiculous at the end. :(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Excellent find!! I had a Starcruiser 1 when they first came out; it disappeared eventually into the mists of time. I was given another one about 10 years ago; I should find it. It did have some pretty darn good "play" value, even for an adult..! :)

Never saw the Cosmic Clipper nor ever saw as good as a pic as that box as posted. Love to see good pics of the parts on sprues!

·
Starship Class
11,944 Posts
Neat ship! I actually like the design. Got some interesting aspects.

Which hobby shop did you find them at? I'm in Columbia right now.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Neat ship! I actually like the design. Got some interesting aspects.

Which hobby shop did you find them at? I'm in Columbia right now.
It was not in Columbia, but a hobbyshop right off I-77 in Rock Hill. I hope to get back up there in the next couple of days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts