Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Very nice work on USAgent. What parts did you use? That's also the best Revell Flash Gordon paint I've ever seen. I've got two of those as built-ups, but the bubble helmets are yellowed and scratched. Really like your color scheme on Flash as it is true to the Alex Raymond comics.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the base from the PL General Ursus model (I modified it by cutting the brick wall down some, and adding a section of bricks from an old Aurora Superman kit), fists from said Superman kit, shield from the Toy Biz Captain America, head from the old Glencoe paratrooper kit, and the body itself is the Toy Biz Venom (heavily reworked with sanding and milliput putty!).

You have two Flash Gordons? That's pretty cool! Mine came with helmet bits and pieces, so I had to wait for an unused one to pop up on ebay. I'm not sure what you could do to fix the yellowing; maybe sand them down with progressively fine sanding films, then dip in future acrylic floor polish?

-Cappy

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Very cool kitbashing work on US Agent! :thumbsup: Also great work on the Comic Scenes kits.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Ditto the above comments. That's the kind of painting I most enjoy seeing, and kudos on your ability with human faces in particular. Very dynamic, too , your use of color while mainaining a naturaslistic look.

Very impressive kitbash!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the kind words! I'm very flattered that everyone likes my stuff; it inspires me to do more! After seeing Robert Hargrave's J2 project, I'm thinking of getting back to work on my J2 that's been languishing. Either that or finish my 1/32 D520....So many models, so little time!

-Cappy

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Cappy,

Great Job on your kitbash! I also enjoyed your CS version of Captain America as I am restoring one of those right now! Great use of colors especially on the mud splash! Looks real and wet!

Thanks for sharing those pics!

MMM

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Azteking?! What the...?

I have to say I'm impressed by the aztek job on your PL E! I really love the nacelle patterns! The saucer looks good, too. Very suprised at first, then loved your ingenuity & execution of the decals. Overall, a very good job at modifing the "old gal". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prince of Styrene II:

Glad you like the Enterprise. I got the Klingon kit soon after I finished the E, and plan on updating the look on that one too (hopefully in the not-too-distant future!).

-Cappy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow... I've never done figures before (probably because I don't have the talent!) , but that Agent looks astounding!

I have a quick question. Do you need the Testors program to do the imaging for the decals, or can you use pretty much any software program and print (like photoshop?)

Certainly seems like an alternative to painting the aztek on the big refit E, you make that little model of the original look great! Especially when one has the skills on the PC and not with an airbrush (call me a whimp... but I am a bit more aclimated to CG art than anything else!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Epsilon-

You do not need the Testors program; any graphics program will do. Photoshop will work fine, but I prefer creating decals in a vector based program, such as Illustrator or CorelDraw. This gives you much cleaner edges (no "pixelating" if you have a low-res bitmap image, and print spooling takes much less time). If you have any more questions, let me know.

-Cappy

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I really like the colors on the Flash Gordon kit. Good imagination! All the figure kits look great! How do you get the shine on the kits? Do you just use gloss coat when finished?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, most of the models have a coat of clear flat or satin on them. They look a little shiny because of the lights used for photography. I did use a couple of coats of Future Floor Polish (Acrylic) for the USAgent's shield and Captain America's shield, to make them extra shiny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts