Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the flyer/entry form for the 1st Annual US Pan Car Championships taking place in San Antonio Texas May 13-15

Entries are now open and are due April 30 for early registration if you wish to avoid a $5 late fee per entry

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey everybody! I just thought Id give this a little bump. I know its still a good few months out from the actual race, but I am considering having a "warmup race" if there is enough interest? Good idea?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, with the outdoor season about wrapping up in many areas, I just wanted to let you know that the US Pan Car Championships are moving right along. We picked up a potential sponsor a couple days ago so maybe a little something for your car may be in the cards. I will keep you updated on our progress on the other thread

·
Registered
630 Posts
The idea and price look good but before taking off work and going all the way to Texas I would like to see some oval sign ups.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
is the track flat??? if it is cap tires shouldnt be used for oval... it should be 100% foam tires... i also notice it says pro 10 for oval classes.. is the chassis open, or do u have to run a pro 10 style car...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We finally have an official website in the works!

www.uspancarchamps.s5.com

Thanks to Brad Davis for helping get this up and running! Should be ready in the next week or so. It will have rules, pics of pan cars, a history section, a link to the USPCC forums. I just thought I would inform you of this latest little development. Also we are working on getting some big name sponsors, but again this race isnt about how many big companies we can get to sponsor the event, this event is about getting people together to reminisce and race some of the fastest electric cars out there. So if you got an oval pan car lyin around, why don't you dust it off, pack up the wagon and head on down for some good ol fashioned Texas fun.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys, we are approaching 6 months to the race. The T-shirts are almost ready, the track at HTSA is brand new (The layout will be changed for the race) and the boys in Texas are ready and rarin to see just how good the pan car racers are from other parts of the USA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am very interested in the race coming up! Do you have any hotel information and directs to the track. I live in Southern California and would like plan some vacation time to make the trip there. If you could give up some info on near bye hotels/motels I would like to see about room rates and reservations. If you have already got hotels/motels giving special room rates let me know I will contact them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a guy down there working on the hotel rates thing right now. I will work on getting directions soon as well. I will get some from the airport as well as anywhere you guys need (in the San Antonio area)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys

We have just made the decision to change the date of the race to May 14-15. That is two weeks later than the original date. It also means the race will be two days long with all stock classes run on day 1 (including 19T) and all mod classes run on day 2. We will be working out the qualifying format and things like that in a chat this week now that these changes are being made. The reason we have made these changes is twofold. One, there is a ROAR Nationals event the same weekend and we have decided not to compete with them for entries. Also, we are hoping to make the event more convenient for everyone and thusly maximize turnout.

Are any of you that are planning on going averse to these changes (and if you're not planning on going, does this address the reason you wouldnt be going)? Please let me know either here or you can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i desagree with qualifying two seperate days

all qualifying should be done at the same time...all classes... then mains the next day,, maybe a qual.. remember.. if people come they are traveling.. no one wants to stay extra days if they can get back at a more resonable time

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm...

I see your point burbs. Im having a chat with the whole organizational group this afternoon and this is something that will come up. I will bring up your point in that discussion

·
Registered
125 Posts
The format you suggested is actually better for people running just stock, or just modified. They only need to be there one day. That being said, the 2 day approach is MUCH better than the original 4 day plan.

Pencil in 3-4 oval drivers from Beaumont, TX coming over. However, some of them like to procrastinate so don't expect entry forms from them till shortly before the race.

Is there a registration cut-off for the race?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts