Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not really all that skilled at this but will try to lead you through the process. I had to figure it out again last night and this is basically what I did. It adds thumbnails in the post which can be clicked to enlarge. [there is probably a better way to explain it and I am sure someone else will help with that.]

When you get ready to add a new topic and want to add pictures click the tab that says "go advanced" below the text box. Toward the bottom of the window will be a tab labeled "manage attachments." Click this tab and a window will open with options to browse the files on your computer. Find the picture you want to get the path to it in the white box. Then click on "upload" and the picture file will be attached. You have to be careful because the size of the picture is limited. If it is too big it will not be uploaded. After the picture is uploaded then click the tap that says "post."

Hope this is right and that it helps.

Patrick

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hi Stoosh, I just looked in the help section above in the HT banner. Short and sweet instructions can be found in "General Forum Usage". It's a "Can-O-Corn" !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Track Description

These are two tracks: 4 Lane Quad Oval and 2 Lane Road Course.

The table is 16' x 5' and needs to be repainted, since it is showing wear of tracks of the past.

The Quad Oval is 4 lane Tyco, all connections are soldered, it is screwed to the table top and has been recently spackeled, sanded and painted. This track is powered by 2, 0-30 adjustable power supplies, each power supply runs 2 of the 4 lanes. The timing software is Trakemate Windows version with infra-red sensors.

The Road Track is a 2 lane Tomy track that has also had all connections soldered and it is screwed to the board and over passes. Spackeling, sanding and painting are done, as well as, the crash barriers, enclosures on the overpasses and turn borders. This track is also powered by the same two power supplies from the oval, one for each lane. Timing software for the Road Track is Greg Braun's LapTimer 2000. The 2 lanes are identical, it is basically a road track figure 8, mirror images of each other. It eliminates the argument regarding who has the best lane.

Like we all know this has been a living project that has lasted about 2 years, usually during winter months. I still have to either paint or cover the table.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts