Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an upgraded set of photo etching for my kit. Designed by Thomas Sasser, it includes a more accurate 3 piece deflector with engraved details, standard Starfleet docking ports, raised partitions on the main shuttlebay frame and the sensor pallet detail located behind the main bridge.

Comparison pic of the old photo etching and the new.
http://sovereignreplicas.com/s_PE1.jpg

Pic of the new impulse engine detail.
http://sovereignreplicas.com/s_PE2.jpg

The sensor pallet detail.
http://sovereignreplicas.com/s_PE3.jpg

I have 10 available at $25 a sheet including shipping in the US. Overseas orders will be charged actual shipping cost. If there's a higher demand for these I'll order more to supply the entire run of kits out there.

These are only available to those that purchased the kit. All kits that haven't shipped yet will recieve the new set.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Good deal. Too bad more GKMers aren't as astute as you at making their customers extra happy with this sort of attention to detail, REL. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Griff that's kind of you to say I appreciate it. Looks like I'll be ordering more of these.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
And to clarify what I meant by the above - all too often I've seen some GKMers make a kit and leave something out for whatever reason. Somtimes oversight, sometimes to cut costs or sometimes 'cause they're just too lazy. It's few and far between that folks offer up additional and/or corrected details like this to their kits at very affordable prices for those who've purchased previous versions. Not a slam at any specific GKMers out there, but more a kudo to you for stepping up and doing this right. :thumbsup:

BTW, I might have missed it, but were you going to go ahead and offer these up as a cheaper all-resin kit? I seem to recall you mentioning that at one point, but might well be wrong.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This kit has run it's course and the run is now over. I'm finishing up my last orders now. There will be a limited amount of kits available at Wonderfest though, where I'll be bringing a built and lit one to look at. Also, I'll be bringing either the master or a casting of the Generations 1/650 D which I'm working on right now.

Look for them at my table, thanks. :thumbsup:

Edit: I dabbled in a resin version at one point, but it didn't turn out as nice as I would've liked so I abandoned that one LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
That's a shame about the resin kit. I was thinking of getting one for possible future display whenever I can afford a house for my family. I just can't justify the cost of the fiberglass one right now, unfortunately.

Regardless, will be nice to see one in-person, as well as meet you at WF. :)

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
REL said:
Also, I'll be bringing either the master or a casting of the Generations 1/650 D which I'm working on right now.
OK, now you have my interest and my credit card just started vibrating! :freak:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts