Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago, I embarked on a mission to collect the fifty fastest musclecars, As listed in the November 1984 issue of Musclecar Review magazine. in 1/64 scale, and have tried to keep this collection all Johnny Lightning.
Well, it's down to the final four.
I would like to personally thank a couple of Hobbytalk board members for their help in my quest,
DadsCoronet (Mark) and I pulled off a great trade that really helped me out,
StreetFreak (Mike) jumped in and sent me a box of cars that really added to the collection too.
I appreciate the help, this is a tough set to try and complete.
The final four may just be impossible to get in 1/64 scale.

still need:
1968 Chevy Biscayne 427.
1968 Mercury Cyclone GT.
1971 Dodge SuperBee.
1968 Plymouth GTX.

have to say, this collection looks pretty awesome, I'm using a Plano 48 car case to hold them, take a look:

all JL, except for #14, I slipped in a Greenlight '69 Boss 429 Mustang.
they sure look good all assembled like this.
Thanks again to Mark, and to Mike.

Chuck.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The red casting top right was a 69' and was basically the same as a 68' except for the tail lightd and minor grille changes.

That car needs to be redone because it's out of spec big time.We need a NEW casting for the 68 & 69 satellite Road runner.We have 67' Belvederes and a lot of nice 70' Road runners but we are missing an acurate model of the two most important cars 68-69.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Chuck,
I truly enjoyed helping out with your collection! Ain't this what the hobby is all about?

Anyway, that yellow '69 Camaro looks like it's the one from Camaros, release 3. I thought the Camaro listed as one of the "Fifty Fastest" was the Camaro COPO. I have an extra COPO from Camaro Legends, release 1. LMK if you want it. Also, did you get ahold of a '67 Corvette 427?

Like David said, let's see a pic of the other side of the case... :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments.
That '69 RoadRunner casting isnt all that bad.
it reminds me of a friends 440 +6 Roadrunner from years ago.
he had the torsion bars all the way up, and air shocks in the rear,
so that it looked alot like the JL casting, it sat a good 2 feet in the air, all the way around.

The yellow '69 Camaro IS a COPO Camaro Mark.
at least thats what the card said.

And I probably will use the new JL '68 Impala casting for the '68 Biscayne slot,
I already used the new '68 4-4-2 casting for the '68 Hurst Olds.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Congrats on your finds so far!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I think the only way you'll get a 71 Super Bee & 68 GTX is to use the old Mint Edition casting from around 1999 of a 68 Road Runner & Ertl Muscle 71 Charger .

68 Cyclone will be tough too !

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nice set of cars! :thumbsup: I wonder if anyone can custom modify + tampo some of the remaining ones you need.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
edseldave said:
I think the only way you'll get a 71 Super Bee & 68 GTX is to use the old Mint Edition casting from around 1999 of a 68 Road Runner & Ertl Muscle 71 Charger .

68 Cyclone will be tough too !
I keep wishing someone would make a 68-69 Cyclone. Only option I could think of would be modifying one of the Nascar Cyclones.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cruising on a Friday Night.

down to needing just one car to finish this set.
the 1968 Mercury Cyclone GT 428 cj.

I guess forty nine out of fifty isnt too bad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts