Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I am new here so please forgive if this is posted to the wrong forum but I wanted to target the sci-fi modelers.

I'm sure that some of you already know about these conventions but I thought I would pass along the information. These are sci-fi conventions, not specifically model shows like Wonderfest. I'm sure y'all know about Wonderfest already!

In the nearest future:

Farpoint - Feb. 16-18, 2007. Hunt Valley Marriott Inn. Hunt Valley, MD. USA
www.farpointcon.com

Guests include:
Ron Glass (Serenity, Barney Miller)
Richard Hatch (Galactica)
Suzie Plakson (Khey'lar and Selar from ST:TNG and female Q from ST:VOY)
Harve Bennett (Producer/Writer of Star Trek movies II through V)

Shore Leave 29 - July 13-15, 2007. Same hotel as Farpoint but larger show. Been happening every year for 29 years!
www.shore-leave.com

Guests include (and more to come):
Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, Star Trek)
Gary Jones (Walter from Stargate SG-1)
Claudia Christian (Ivanova, B5)
Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol, Battlestar)
William Campbell (Trelane and Koloth from classic Trek)
Dean Haglund (Langley from X-Files and Lone Gunmen)

I actually have a dealer table at these two shows, selling finished sci-fi models. There are actually three seperate dealers who sell completed models, including kitbashes.

So, whether you are into autographs, taking pics of other people's models, or just like the company of other sci-fi fans, these two shows are great. There is programming for adults and children, including movie rooms, discussion panels, writing workshops, art show and more.

Maybe see you there!
Phil

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
No problems w/posting that here, Phil. As long as it's SciFi related, I've got no problems. :)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
StarFest (http://starland.com/sf-sc/) 20-22 April, Denver, CO.

They haven't releasee their list of stars, but in previous years they've covered just about every Sci-Fi show out there. Last year they had Joe Flanigan - Tricia Helfer - Karl Urban - Moon Bloodgood - George Takei - Dwight Schultz - Denise Crosby - Dirk Benedict - Gary Jones - Dean Haglund - Dr. Kevin Fitzgerald

There's also a model show, Make & Take and Iwata airbrush classes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Model Displays at Farpoint

Hey, all,

My old group, The Collective, is hosting a model contest at Farpoint in two weekends, February 16-18 in Hunt Valley, MD. Also, if you go to their website, you will see that Collective member Jim Pugliese won a Star Trek model used in Deep Space Nine from the Christie's auction in NYC a few months back. It is called the Karemma (sp?).

www.collectivemodels.com

I have been told through the grapevine that he will have this $3,000 model at Farpoint on display at his dealer tables.

Also, my buddy Eric Longstreet, known here as cireskul, will be bringing a few of his excellent kitbashes both finished and in-progress, to display on my dealer table. I will also have most of my bashes out on display that I posted in my photo gallery here on Hobbytalk.

Hope to see at least a few of you there!
Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts