Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its missing the interior (as usual) it's missing some wheels. Still has engine and back hatch and no metal fatigue. It has chipped white paint. Anyone know the value or want to buy it? I will put up pictures in about 5 hrs. I've looked through the hot wheels wiki and can't find a color close to this. It has no decals or anything.

·
Administrator
35,157 Posts
Waiting on photos - you will probably have to upload it as an attachment before your 3rd to 5th post. What else you have for sale....

·
Administrator
35,157 Posts
I think you were right the first time in calling it white paint. Most likely an attempt at a previous restoration by someone along the way. Notice the painted silver hubs on the wheels. There is also some blue paint on the inside wheel well - is that were you are getting the original color as light blue from?

It is possible to restore it again and it is a Shell promo casting. So it has some value even in this condition. My estimate would be $10 to $15, leaning more towards the $10 side and $15 with shipping included but you should check out the ebay sold listings to make your own value assessment.

Hope you get an offer and good luck with the sale. If you dont get an offer send me a PM. 🤙

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking for price range as well. I got from my grandpas farm. There was more cars but i was not fortunate enough to get them. they had the orginal hot wheels car carrier and other brands of cars. this was the oldest one there that i knew of. i have some other cars that may be of value. one is 1976 superfast matchbox blue #55 hellraiser goodcondition. the other one is a 1970 porsche but no hood, orange and missing most paint.
< 1970
<1976

·
Administrator
35,157 Posts
If you intend to sell the Porsche and/or the Hellraiser you need to post pictures of the actual casting and not the pristine catalogue examples above. Some people maybe confused and end up dissappointed with what they receive - versus what they think they saw was for sale. 🤙

Reactions: samace22
1 - 8 of 8 Posts