Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here and i recently went to johnnylightning.com and seen this line of cars, so i went out searching at about 5 places and finally i found some at a "Toys R Us" but they only had 9 left :(. I wanted to ask around, how does everyone find the white edition of the cars?? I have looked several times for white editions of lightnings cars and i never can stumble on them?? Thanks so much for any info ;)

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Tough question! The whites are EXTREMELY difficult to get. Usually its just dedicated hunters and people with in-store connections that get the whites. I'm lazy and antisocial, so I haven't found a white lightning in well over a year. Best bet is to buy cases from a hobbytalk sponsor and take a gamble on getting a white.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Welcome to the board...Midtown is correct,lots of dedicated hunting and knowledge...you need to keep up so you know what your looking for...not all wl features are the same.

good luck! you'll need it!:cool:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hey, and welcome, I've been collecting JL's for about 6 months and I've found about 13 or so. I got really lucky one time and found 6 at a KB toys outlet store, but I was with a buddy so we split them, anyway I've also found 3 slot car whites and one thunder jet white. I've been prety lucky, but like others have said read up on WL's and do lot's of hunting and with some luck you might find some. For awhile I was doing lots of travling and 4 of the whites were from out of town. Got one off ebay, cause it was a firebird and I really wanted it. Good luck in the hunt and don't let it drive you too crazy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the board! :tongue: I've been collecting for about 4 years, and I've yet to find a White "in the wild". I live in a small metropolitan area, [around 40,000 population] with only 7 stores that carry JL. Only 3 of the stores stock them on a regular basis, and the dedicated collectors hit the stores 2 or 3 times a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts