Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I thought I would create a discussion area for this race. Any questions you may have about the race can be posted here. Just in case you may have forgotten the "411" Here it is:

Hey guys, I just thought I would take a little time to tell you about the first ever United States Pan Car Championships. It will be April 28-May 1 2005 at Hobbytown San Antonio in beautiful San Antonio, TX. The classes being run are:

Pro10 6 cell stock
Pro10 6 cell modified
Pro10 4 cell 19T GT1/GTS
Pro10 4 cell stock oval
Pro10 4 cell 19T oval
Pro10 4 cell modified oval
Pro12 4 cell stock
Pro12 4 cell mod
Pro12 4 cell stock oval
Pro12 4 cell modified oval

Entries can be sent to Hobbytown San Antonio (address listed on the flyer)

I am working on some ways to lessen the expense for potential racers (including special hotel rates, cheap flights, possibly get a grill out there and make some stuff trackside). Hope to see you guys walking the Riverwalk next year!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a lot of you are excited about this race! I am working on a new website as we speak, so hopefully it will be ready in a couple weeks

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, I just came up with an interesting little concept. I plan on using ROAR rules for qualifying with these exceptions:

1. Instead of using the Q-points system with best 3 scores out of 5 rounds, we will take everyone's three best times out of the 5 rounds
2. Those 3 times will be combined to give a racer's overall time (which will be used to set mains. In case of a tie, best single round will be the first tiebreaker)
3. If a racer DNS a round, they will be given a 0/5:00.
4. If a racer DNF a round, their time will be the number of laps they completed before the DNF/5:00

Of course this is open to criticism and change

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, we are using the ROAR Q-points system. Also, Pro10 19T GT1 is a provisional class along with F1 2WD (6 cells stock motors). Hopefully I will have the complete rules posted on our new website (which is being constructed as you read this). Any questions, comments and positive reinforcement can be sent to [email protected]

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, a couple things I gotta mention.

First, the race has been rescheduled to May 13-15 due to a date conflict with the ROAR Gas Offroad Nationals in nearby Harlingen TX. Second, we are not using the ROAR Q-points system because we will only be going three rounds in qualifying. We are working on the official race schedule and hopefully that will be ready and posted up here in a couple weeks.

Also, we will not be running the F1 2wd class (due to a seeming lack of interest). The entry form is in the process of being updated (due to the change of date), and we are finalizing our sponsor list. Hopefully all taht will be ready to go before the first of the new year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got the word on the race. Looks like a great idea, it's a shame about F1 since there are a lot of them out there. With any luck I'll be there. The riverwalk is cool, that might convince the wife to go. (so I can RACE!)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it is a shame to be honest. Im a big fan of F1 and I would have liked to see those cars racing down there. Hopefully the F1 Challenge draws well and maybe F1 will be on the docket next year (Itd replace GT1 as the 19T class if it doesnt draw well)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let the odyssey begin! (Entries are now open, you have until April 30 so get em in!)

We will have decals ready to go hopefully this week for all the entrants. I will post pics of them when I get the final design work.

Also, the T-shirts are being finalized (with sponsor logos and everything) so hopefully I can post those pics up here as well.

All I have left to say is...

THE US PAN CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE COMING...ARE YOU READY?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just finished talking with the owner of Hobbytown San Antonio and if you wish to enter a second class it is $25 for the second class and $15 for the third class or thereafter. Also, we are making an exemption for ONLY the 12th scale oval class (due to the lack of available bodies on the market): If you run 12th scale stock or mod oval ONLY, you can run a GTP body if you cannot find a 12th scale NASCAR body for your car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mxrich said:
I just got the word on the race. Looks like a great idea, it's a shame about F1 since there are a lot of them out there. With any luck I'll be there. The riverwalk is cool, that might convince the wife to go. (so I can RACE!)

Thatd be great! See if you can get any friends to come with ya. The more the merrier!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Decals were shipped!!

RACERS!!
Decals were shipped to the race organizer and the race track down in San Antonio.

Let me know if you are registered and want one. Unfortunately I dont have a picture of a sample.

Thanks for being patient.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we got just over 2 months to go! Hope you guys are about as excited as I am...It's been tough but seeing this race come to fruition has definitely been a real treat. I am working on some final details but all we can do now is wait for May 13 to arrive

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
After much deliberation and seeking advice on various issues, I have made my final decision regarding a few gray areas in the rules for the race. I have decided what motors will be allowed as well as what batteries are allowed as well. I apologize for the fact that the rules have been in a constant state of flux the last few months. I have had to enlist a lot of help looking into the various nuances and newest developments involving ROAR (whose rules we are using for this race). I realize that not everyone will be happy with the decisions I make but I would rather have a fair race with stable rules than an unfair race where the rules change almost at will.

First off, your entry needs to be POSTMARKED before April 30 (if you are sending it in by mail) If you would like to enter in person you it has to be received by Mr. Baisdon by the close of business on April 30 to count for early registration. Please make all checks payable to Hobbytown San Antonio and put US Pan Car Championships in the memo line. Ron Meloni is working hard on the T-shirts for the race. We will sell T-shirts at the race. (We may be giving some away but that isn't set in stone yet)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts