Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RC Raceway of Uniontown Ohio is going to host a Benefit Day for Big Steve (Medina Raceway) on Saturday Sept 29th. As we all know Big Steve is still in the hospital fighting problems with diabetes. Last night I found out Steve also had a mild stroke and is without medical insurance. All of this news hit me pretty heavy on the heart and I want to do all that I can to help. Big Steve is a friend of my family, a friend of the community and a friend to all of us racers out there.

Chris Holmes (RC Raceway of Uniontown owner) stepped up to the plate big time and offered to Host this benefit at his track before anyone could even ask.

The details are coming as they’re made so stay tuned and tell your friends.

So far we have:

-Paintwork by JP Concepts
-New Losi SCTE kit or New 22SCT kit (depends on stock) - Gary (gmackhurry)
-Match dollars donated up to $100 - Gary (gmackhurry)

We are still in search and in need of sponsors for the race. If anyone would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated and go for a great cause just PM me or Gary (gmackhurry). Big Steve is always there to step up when we need help no lets return the favor!

More on who Big Steve is - http://www.bsrdp.com/

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been brought to my attention that there are some out there wondering about the iLap transponders. RC Raceway of Uniontown has some house transponders available.

These transponders will shoot through 80% of painted bodies. They have issues with windshield stickers and factory screen printed bodies.

I personally don't even run the transponders under a windshield and have never missed a lap. It is best practice to place them parallel to the ground and under a clear windshield or clear area. There is no requirement to cut holes or strip paint unless the eye cannot shine through.

If you plan on racing and will need a house transponder or would like to buy one ~$40 (dont quote me on that) let us know and we will see what we can do!

·
Registered
13 Posts
RC Raceway of Uniontown Ohio is going to host a Benefit Day for Big Steve (Medina Raceway) on Saturday Sept 29th. As we all know Big Steve is still in the hospital fighting problems with diabetes. Last night I found out Steve also had a mild stroke and is without medical insurance. All of this news hit me pretty heavy on the heart and I want to do all that I can to help. Big Steve is a friend of my family, a friend of the community and a friend to all of us racers out there.

Chris Holmes (RC Raceway of Uniontown owner) stepped up to the plate big time and offered to Host this benefit at his track before anyone could even ask.

So far we have:

We are still in search and in need of sponsors for the race. If anyone would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated and go for a great cause just PM me or Gary (gmackhurry). Big Steve is always there to step up when we need help no lets return the favor!

jbeck this is a great thing you're doing for big Steve. I never got to meet him yet but i'm coming to this race for sure.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Update

So far we have:

-New Losi XXX-SCT Rockstar Ready to Run Kit - Gary (gmackhurry)
-New Charger and Batteries to go with the Losi XXX-SCT - Aerotech Hobbies

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doors open at 10 racing at 1 correct?
Not sure yet. I was gonna talk with the owners and see if we could open earlier since we may have a few first timers that will need to do some setup searching and make sure everyone gets some practice time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As Big Steve's Business Partner and friend, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to those organizing this event. I'm looking forward to the event and will be there to represent Big Steve's Race Day Productions.

Big Steve is unaware that this is happening at the moment. I would like to keep it that way so we can present to this to him as a surprise after the race. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help facilitate this event by sending an email to frank[at]bsrdp.com.

·
Registered
906 Posts
As Big Steve's Business Partner and friend, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to those organizing this event. I'm looking forward to the event and will be there to represent Big Steve's Race Day Productions.

Big Steve is unaware that this is happening at the moment. I would like to keep it that way so we can present to this to him as a surprise after the race. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help facilitate this event by sending an email to frank[at]bsrdp.com.
You're welcome Frank ;)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

No problem Frank, I'd like to think you guys would do the same for us!

·
Feel The Diff!
502 Posts
Count B-FAST in, more than happy to help.
send me a PM with a "ship to" address for some goodies.

Fred & Brenda

1 - 20 of 55 Posts