• Kyosho DB

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Losi Mini 8ight

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Are the Losi, Kyosho, and AE SCB the same size and comparble enough to put in the same spec RTR class?

Becasue if they are, it's going to happen anyways.

(Mini 8 is gay, so i voted for it becuase I don't want another class! haha, haha. I would have voted for Potatoe, but no Potatoe option to be found.)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the Losi, Kyosho, and AE SCB the same size and comparble enough to put in the same spec RTR class?

Becasue if they are, it's going to happen anyways.

(Mini 8 is gay, so i voted for it becuase I don't want another class! haha, haha. I would have voted for Potatoe, but no Potatoe option to be found.)
Only problem with using all of the manufactures is the AE will have a big advantage in the electronics end, the only one of the scb's that offers brushless. The Losi and Kyosho run brushed motors and will be slower than the AE.
Also if you allow all the brands in JBeck will have his hands full trying to write the rules up. I say limit the class to the most popular buggy and leave it at that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Only problem with using all of the manufactures is the AE will have a big advantage in the electronics end, the only one of the scb's that offers brushless. The Losi and Kyosho run brushed motors and will be slower than the AE.
Also if you allow all the brands in JBeck will have his hands full trying to write the rules up. I say limit the class to the most popular buggy and leave it at that.
Not really. Limit motor kv, tires, battery. Same principle as VTA in on road. Limiting manufactures will only hinder growth. Same concept should be applied to stock sc imo.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Okay who's the 2 bags that voted for AE ?
WTF - I don't want to work on the dang things I want to race them.

LOSI = Racing

AE = Repairing, set up, repair, 1/2 race, repair, finish 1/4 race, order parts, set up, set up again, race, repair, race, order more parts, repair, set up, call AE bitching, yell at your pit partner, repair, race 1/4 race, repair, order parts, order parts you forgot, cry on the way home, repair, new shocks, race, finish 1/2 the main, scream, drive your car into the wall, again, again, again, seek mental help, race, repair, burn out motor, ask the guy that whips your ass every week "how much are those Losi's anyway" :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Servos and Radios should not be spec'd IMO. They won't give any advantage other than reliability. (I ain't going up the stand with anything other than Airtronics, I'm sure other racers feel the same about their radio. Well...not the poor Spektrum guys.)

Can't stock chassis, interchangable RTR shocks, RTR tires, any radio/servo, and brushless motor spec rules be used. (13.5, 17.5?)

RTR still = broken junk IME.

I'm all for limiting the class to one type of car. But that hasn't worked in the past, might not work in the Future. As soon as stock Slash class was officially the stock Slash class, everyone brought a HPI Blitz and AE Sc10 to the show. So maybe it's best to be prepared to make rules for all the cars.....

Or you have to be extremely strict, and truely only allow that one RTR car. If anyone shows up with the other brand, duct tape them upsidedown to the drivers stand post as a warning to all the others. Or make them stand in the aligator pond in the center right of Medinas track during a truggy main.

Are you ready to be that strict about allowing only one type of car into a class? If so, maybe the Kyosho is the best choice.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
okay who's the 2 bags that voted for ae ?
Wtf - i don't want to work on the dang things i want to race them.

Losi = racing

ae = repairing, set up, repair, 1/2 race, repair, finish 1/4 race, order parts, set up, set up again, race, repair, race, order more parts, repair, set up, call ae bitching, yell at your pit partner, repair, race 1/4 race, repair, order parts, order parts you forgot, cry on the way home, repair, new shocks, race, finish 1/2 the main, scream, drive your car into the wall, again, again, again, seek mental help, race, repair, burn out motor, ask the guy that whips your ass every week "how much are those losi's anyway" :)
get back to work gary!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Okay who's the 2 bags that voted for AE ?
WTF - I don't want to work on the dang things I want to race them.

LOSI = Racing

AE = Repairing, set up, repair, 1/2 race, repair, finish 1/4 race, order parts, set up, set up again, race, repair, race, order more parts, repair, set up, call AE bitching, yell at your pit partner, repair, race 1/4 race, repair, order parts, order parts you forgot, cry on the way home, repair, new shocks, race, finish 1/2 the main, scream, drive your car into the wall, again, again, again, seek mental help, race, repair, burn out motor, ask the guy that whips your ass every week "how much are those Losi's anyway" :)

THATS ONLY NUGGET AND HE HAS HAD THAT LOSER OOPS LOSI APART MORE THAN THE AE :tongue:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Servos and Radios should not be spec'd IMO. They won't give any advantage other than reliability. (I ain't going up the stand with anything other than Airtronics, I'm sure other racers feel the same about their radio. Well...not the poor Spektrum guys.)

Can't stock chassis, interchangable RTR shocks, RTR tires, any radio/servo, and brushless motor spec rules be used. (13.5, 17.5?)

RTR still = broken junk IME.

I'm all for limiting the class to one type of car. But that hasn't worked in the past, might not work in the Future. As soon as stock Slash class was officially the stock Slash class, everyone brought a HPI Blitz and AE Sc10 to the show. So maybe it's best to be prepared to make rules for all the cars.....

Or you have to be extremely strict, and truely only allow that one RTR car. If anyone shows up with the other brand, duct tape them upsidedown to the drivers stand post as a warning to all the others. Or make them stand in the aligator pond in the center right of Medinas track during a truggy main.

Are you ready to be that strict about allowing only one type of car into a class? If so, maybe the Kyosho is the best choice.
allow parts to be interchangeable or brushed only no reedy or a 17.5 blinky limit

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I think you guys should look into the traxxas rally cars as a spec class. They are the only ones made basically, so not multiple manufacturers, electronics, TIRES, ect.

Plus, they are based on the rather bombproof 4x4 slash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Wo5ukqsqDw

Spec classes are only fun when there is only one vehicle to run. When there are multiple vehicles that kinda fit the class....there is always whining by guys wanting to run something else.

Spec slash was fun because of this......only one truck available, only one set of tires available. No need to mix and match tires, wheels, electronics, ect. After more models and trucks came out, spec class SUCKED and the whining commenced.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think you guys should look into the traxxas rally cars as a spec class. They are the only ones made basically, so not multiple manufacturers, electronics, TIRES, ect.

Plus, they are based on the rather bombproof 4x4 slash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Wo5ukqsqDw

Spec classes are only fun when there is only one vehicle to run. When there are multiple vehicles that kinda fit the class....there is always whining by guys wanting to run something else.

Spec slash was fun because of this......only one truck available, only one set of tires available. No need to mix and match tires, wheels, electronics, ect. After more models and trucks came out, spec class SUCKED and the whining commenced.
I totally argee Dragon that is why I started the poll to choose 1 chassie. Me and a friend of mine were thinking of using the new 10th Rally but it seemed too pricey for most so we went this direction. Now everyone is wanting to choose any chassie so now you have just another electric class which we have plenty of now. I went into this with the thought of reviving the fun that was the Slash only class, now that it has gone this way I won't be involved anyway with this "New" class.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My thinking was bang for the buck. I can spend 250 and have a car with no traction and a class thats more a try not to spin out and take everyone out. Or drop 180 on a car that most already have and have a nice competitive class with a even playing field.

for example:

1 x Team EPIC D3 "Monster Horsepower" ROAR Spec Brushless Motor (13.5T) - $74.99

1 x Novak "Club Spec" Sensored Brushless ESC - $79.99

2 x Hot Bodies Megabite Short Course Tire (Pink) (2) (No Foam) - $33.98

dismout your current tires and rock out in the Spec class.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts