Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
32,797 Posts
These are always fun to track down.

I would make it a candidate - based on the dark blue windshied - to be a Gingell made casting. Their known brand castings often have GG in or just their rhinocerus head logo on them and are often reffered to as Rhino diecasts. They usually also have the same dark blue window pieces as this casting does.

Next....

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm quite familiar with the Rhino brand (& have many of their castings & packaging). :thumbsup:
Gingell seems to elude me. I have seen collectors showing Gingell cars, but have never come across any packaging with 'Gingell' or 'GG' printed on it. (Some of the cars said to be made by 'Gingell' I have listed as 'Summer' ...as they are very similar & have numbers on the base that fit directly into my 'Summer' numbered listing.
I most likely have many Gingell cars in my boxes of yet to be photographed stuff.
When I dig out some pics, I'll add to the 'New' unknown brands catagory & hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this maker can correct me (..or convince me!) of this brand. ;)

·
Administrator
32,797 Posts
That will be cool to see some actual packaging! :thumbsup:

When you do get around to your other castings take a look at the rhinocerus logo. The GG lettering is inside the design if present. According to Sahakangas, Weber & Foster the rhino head is actually the Gingell manufacturing logo. Not all have them have the GG lettering though. Overtime the casting community has adopted Rhino as a brand name from the logo, but they note that castings were actually made by Gingell. They also note that Summer used the Gingell made castings in their "Motor Force" series. A seemingly similiar situation as we find with Yat Ming-Summer-Road Champs. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
32,797 Posts
Hey @canalnoises

What is your take on this one? Could it be an early Suntoys maybe? It would seem to fit into the Summer to Suntoy transition.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hmm... what about JE Toys? Bas de Graaff's JE Toys album is full of cars with dark blue windows and black plastic bases that form the lower half of the body. A bunch of them have the black 6 division wheels, too. JE has obviously been on my mind for the past few days, so maybe it's just that bias, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts