Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching these for a while on Ebay. They always want $30 + for them so I have passed. I think they are from a now defunct Greenlight club and are limited cars. Anyway I got one for $10 and the other for about $8

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Great price. Great casting. Congrats!

I have those as well. I am hoping they do the 73/74 casting in yellow as I used to have a 1:1 in yellow.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
For a car that is so limited I was happy to pay a certain price. My red Javelin is number 090 by the way and apparently they only made 436. So I thought the price I paid was well justified. Nothing against you, Craig, and it's absolutely not personal but I've seen too many postings on HT where members wanted to pay next to nothing for a car.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For a car that is so limited I was happy to pay a certain price. My red Javelin is number 090 by the way and apparently they only made 436. So I thought the price I paid was well justified. Nothing against you, Craig, and it's absolutely not personal but I've seen too many postings on HT where members wanted to pay next to nothing for a car.
I agree.
The yellow one had a price of $15.99 with $3.95 shipping or offer. I offered $10 and he accepted. If I was selling the car I wouldn't have sold that cheaply. He had 5 of them. I do not know the original purchase price
The red one started at $5 and their was a bid. I sniped and threw a reasonable bid at it but it stopped at $7.60 + $6 shipping. When you start a bid that low you are asking for a lowball. I was surprised it sold that cheaply.
Most of the time when I list a car I start the bidding at a price as low as I will go. I would rather keep a car than sell a nice car too low.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Swweeeeettt finds! Those definitely suit you. I miss the UTH club cars. I did not take advantage of many of them but they did some nice ones. I dont have the Javs but I have the 67 Impala a B5 Blue 2006 Charger, an orange 70 Chally and a blue Camaro.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have been watching these for a while on Ebay. They always want $30 + for them so I have passed. I think they are from a now defunct Greenlight club and are limited cars. Anyway I got one for $10 and the other for about $8
The GL Under The Hood Collector's Club castings are no longer available directly through the club.
That disappeared when the club went to open membership.
The club still exists but club cars are no longer available for direct purchase for club members.
Yes, these castings are very limited in number produced.
I have copies of both of them.
The detail is excellent.
BYW, you acquired your copies at a fantastic price.
Congratulations.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts