Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Interesting tid bit. I had to go to a bank other than my own on Friday and the teller behind one of the windows was a dead ringer for Ray Walston. It was pretty weird. Can you say Twilight Zone?

·
Registered
173 Posts
never before seen images from second season of our ship..

Just sorting through images from the show for special features on the DVD release..here are some never before seen images from a second season show where a kid steals Uncle Martin's ship..enjoy them here for the first time anywhere..:wave:

Oh I should mention for those of you who do not know..the sound FX of our ship in flight was done at Glen Glen sound...they stole that effect and applied a starter effect and used it for the saucer from "The Invaders"....In fact I have CBS stealing it back for me right now..for a little special project..

Also for all of you who love this ship and the show please feel free to contact Hallmark..they seem to think no one would buy a xmas decoration of our ship or Uncle Martin....I also posted on the Hallmark thread about this...if you want this to happen please go to the Hallmark site and tell them you want this for 2012..I know I do..

Attachments

·
Starship Class
11,928 Posts
Just sorting through images from the show for special features on the DVD release..here are some never before seen images from a second season show where a kid steals Uncle Martin's ship..enjoy them here for the first time anywhere..:wave:
Excellent!! Thanks!!:thumbsup:

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Wow, those are GREAT shots! Thanks for posting.

Work and travel have cut into my modeling time lately, but I should have something new to post soon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
well if you liked them that much...here is another helping

Thanks Guy's

Happy you enjoyed these new/old images...here is a couple more for you to enjoy..Uncle Martin pulls a something out of earths orbit by accident:wave:

Also here is a never before seen color image from our upcoming release "My Living Doll"...oh and another new color image from the pilot of the Crash ship..

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here's a color corrected version of that last image. I could only do so much, given how much it had "gone red," but I think it's an improvemement.

M.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Finished my uncle!

Just a FYI.

Used Testors Silver Blue Metallic for the ship.

DecoArt "Dazzling Metallics" Festive Green for the uncle.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Can anyone post any photos of the kit finished?

I havnt opened mine yet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A couple of new products may be coming soon...

Just a quick heads up..we might have two new products very soon..two bobble heads..the first of Uncle Martin and the second would be the spaceship..pretty cool stuff..the moment we have some photos I will have the company post them here..needless to say like Pegasus Hobbies this is a high quality attention to detail group...and more new products from My Favorite Martian are on there way..and a possible product from My Living Doll!!:wave:

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Finally an update…

I’m really happy with the “Pontiac Engine Blue” base coat (seen here on an old resin kit of Martin’s spaceship; this is NOT the Pegasus model).

Here are a couple side-by-side comparison shots. The Pegasus kit has a coat of Tamiya Bare Metal Silver; the resin test model is Pontiac Engine Blue. As you can see, the “blue” effect is fairly subtle, which is exactly what I wanted.

I'll go ahead and give the Pegasus ship the Pontiac Engine Blue treatment later this week, followed by a glossy clear "new car" topcoat. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Beautiful finish your getting there...

Fun to see one of the old garage kit's too...it is a real source of pride for me that we finally had a kit made..with all the bells and whistles..

And to see all you talented builders putting all this work into these builds is just fantastic..I have forwarded images to James Hulsey the man who designed the ship..and it honestly brought him to tears of joy..

I just gave him the prototype voodoo Fx build and he was like a kid in a candy store..he was soo impressed with the way that lighting kit works in our model..

All of this old Desilu buddies have just been blown away by your response..it
has become a real source of pride for him..

So let me tell you Thank You so much from him and me.:wave:

Happy trails from the original cowboy alien!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you zoom in on the back of the ship, you'll see a little tube with a bolt or clevis pin. Could this have been used for fx mounting shots? That and/or so they could mount it to a dolly cart for transportation.

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
Here's a close up of the back. I wonder if anyone will add this detail?

Yeah, I think I'll skip the hinge, or whatever it is. For me, it falls into the "we needed it on the set for practical reasons, but audiences were never meant to see it" category.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's a close up of the back. I wonder if anyone will add this detail?
The answer..That is the "Crash version" of the ship..it is a vent that is seen smoking after the ship crashes..

When the new Gull wing mod becomes standard in the first season the vent is never seen again..

For flight the key ship had three steel bolts two either side of mid-body and one in the rear of the cockpit past the gull wings.

Hope those tid bits of ship info help:wave:

I should add at some point we will issue a crash version of the ship for the purists collectors..

·
Registered
480 Posts
I test fit the heck out of this thing and installed per directions, the 'doors' are cockeyed and won't sit properly when closed. Not sure how much more I could've done besides sealed them shut....still under consideration.

Tib

Not so.

If the directions are followed, and if the parts are assembled in the correct fashion, and in the correct order, the closed hatch will sit perfectly well. The key is TEST FITTING the parts prior to applying glue to ensure proper alignment.

There are no decals... I just sprayed a base coat of black, then dry-brushed that with Modelmasters Magnesium silver. I did add a couple clear-color resin "lights" and a small strip of blue pin-striping, but that's about it.

The only tricky part will be masking off the interior prior to painting the hull -- although if you don't plan on puttying the hull seam then this won't be an issue.

I still haven't decided what to do about the surface of the base. It wants to be something "suburban" like grass, or garage floor, or sidewalk... something along those lines.

GREAT site; thanks for posting!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Still working on the Uncle Martin figure, but his spaceship is ready for launch!

The build is pretty much out of the box with a couple minor exceptions: I added a few tinted resin “indicator lights” to the instrument panel, and fashioned a small, almond-shaped “grill” for the forward aperture (on TV this area fades to black, but in person I felt like it needed some sort of detail; if nothing else it helps hide the hull seam, which was especially hard to putty/sand in that small little space).

The Pontiac Engine Blue finish was buffed out with the 3-part Novus stuff. I was going for the hot-off-the-assembly-line “sports car” look, and extra shine helps sell the effect.

Now if I can just figure out how to do justice paint-wise to Pegasus’ swell reproduction of Uncle Martin’s face…

121 - 140 of 170 Posts