Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but does anyone make a chevy corvair pickup truck in 1/64th? I have had a idea to build this

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i did a quick search and came across this site http://jonstoyshop.50megs.com/photo.html (scroll down and you will see some images) however the price of one! i never heard of this vehicle until just now! cool looking truck thing... you might be able to take a deora and get a corvair diecast and just make one. for the sides you might need to do some extensive shaping of the metal.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
There is some nice stuff, albeit at high prices, in that shop.

I'm not 100% sure, but Jada might have done a Corvair van. If so, I don't imagine that converting one to a pickup would be too difficult.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I've never seen the Corvair truck in miniature. But it looks a lot like a Dodge A100 truck by Johnny Lightning, which could be a decent stand in if you wanted to be.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I was thinking of using one of those as a start but not sure where i would start.
You might start with the nose. The flanks aren't completely the same, but depending what your capabilities are, it might be a fun challenge for you to remodel the front end.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not bad at building frame and lifting pickups but i would be scaried to attempt that, needs alot of cab work.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
You should post in the Diecast Customizing & Diorama forum and ask for advice on how to accomplish this. There are guys there who have completed pretty ambitious customs... Something tells me puddy will be involved. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
This may be a dumb question but does anyone make a chevy corvair pickup truck in 1/64th? I have had a idea to build this

DON'T I WISH!!! If someone offered ANY Corvair 95-series truck, I'd probably buy stock in the company! I've never seen a Rampside in 1:64, or a Loadside, Corvan, or Greenbrier for that matter. Modifying the Johnny Lightning Little Red Wagon would be possible, but it would involve so much work that starting from scratch would probably be just as easy. There would be a ton of putty involved to get the contours right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts